DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

anybody has both the mavic air 2 and the mavic mini?

Asaulo1

Reactions
was just wondering if anyone has both the MA2 and the MM? already have the MA2 and very happy with it however, the idea of being able to take the MM everywhere (especially on mtn bike rides) I'm contemplating using some of my saved up Best Buy rewards $$$ in getting the MM. Cheers!

I don't have a MA2, but have a M2P and MM. The Mini has it's place that is clearly different than the M2 and assume the MA2. The Mini is great for small tight spaces and as noted easy to transport. Ironically, it fits perfectly in the Fly More bag that came with the M2.

I own both drones. The MA2 for mountain biking will be a better option if you want to use the tracking mode that is even better than the one in the M2P. Also the obstacle avoidance works better than the M2P even when the M2P has side sensors. Do not ask me how but works better. The size is not much difference as the mini.

In confined places the mini is good for the size but the obstacle avoidance from the MA2 make it a winner. If you use the prop guard on the Mini you do not have be worry about it.

In top of that the MA2 has an awesome camera that record 4K 60 FPS that for biking will be very nice.

I had a Mini for a few weeks, but ordered an A2 and sold the Mini. The Mini is a remarkable piece of engineering but I found it too limited without tracking, point of interest, and other functions, not to mention wind and flight time limitations. The A2 is not so large that it isn’t extremely portable and is far sturdier-feeling than the Mini for tossing in a backpack. The Mini always felt fragile in my hands and I felt like I had to be much more gentle with it. Owning both is great, but if I could only have one, make it the A2.

Last edited:
I bought my first drone--a Mini, back in May. Really enjoyed it. Shortly after I got it, the MA2 was released. At first I thought I'd fly for a year with mini and see what was available then and upgrade, but, I started having issues with the MM RC randomly shutting down. I was still within my 30 day return period, and rather than have the MM RC repaired, I just returned it and got the MA2. While size IS a factor for me (75% of what I shoot is my kayaking stuff) I still know I made the right choice with the MA2 both for it's wind performance and its tracking abilities. Don't miss the Mini one iota.....

I had a Mini for a few weeks, but ordered an A2 and sold the Mini. The Mini is a remarkable piece of engineering but I found it too limited without tracking, point of interest, and other functions, not to mention wind and flight time limitations. The A2 is not so large that it isn’t extremely portable and is far sturdier-feeling than the Mini for tossing in a backpack. The Mini always felt fragile in my hands and I felt like I had to be much more gentle with it. Both is great, but if I could only have one, make it the A2.

I need to comment that the mini is as good as the Mavic Air 2 in flight time. I can assure i even better results.

My longest airtime with the mini

My longest with the Mavic Air 2

The MA2 has an small advantage but i will do not call a limited fly time on the MM. Is still pretty good.

Last edited:
I don’t disagree at all that the Mini is a fantastic little machine. Quite remarkable what it can do and how well it flies for its small size. It even handles wind surprisingly well. One advantage is how quickly it stops when you release the sticks. The A2’s inertia carries it a bit farther, which was a little alarming the first time I flew it.

I don’t disagree at all that the Mini is a fantastic little machine. Quite remarkable what it can do and how well it flies for its small size. It even handles wind surprisingly well.
I agree. Handle the wind really good. Is a very good machine.
I still have my mini to teach my daughter how to fly.

Well, for be very honest. If you have a MA2 already, i do not see any value getting the MM.

Reactions: Thomas B
I have both and haven't played with the mini in months. The MA2 has way better camera and the handling of wind are the biggest factors.

Have both. Nice to fly with both of them. Have the mini always in the car ready like a small flying camera. When there is the need, you can always use MA2. Both are useful and working great.

MM was my first drone and I got the MA2 6 weeks later. I pack the MM when I’m on my bike as well as hiking, I do find the difference in size to be significant depending on what I’m packing of course. I’m also less stressed about damaging the MM.
I hear what others are saying about the lack of tracking on the MM.
I don’t regret having both but if I had bought the MA2 first I’m not sure I would be motivated to get the MM.

Reactions: zeusfl
Have both love them both...MA2 is the fav :)

Reactions: zeusfl
I only see the benefit with the MM if you travel to countries that allow that class of drone <250g without needing licenses or permission. (for example Canada)

Reactions: ninja_geezer
I have 6 DJI drones including the Air 2 and Mini. I would suggest saving your money and don’t buy the Mini. I’ve have a connection problem with my Mini and lost control. It came down by itself and landed harder than normal. Luckily it wasn’t damaged but makes me scared to fly it now. Will probably sell it soon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky