DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Mavic Air 2 accessories?

The ND16 that came with fly more has become an almost permanent part of the camera. Bought filer set that have gone unused. Have prop guards. Used them 3 times in 2 years. If you want to fly indoors they would get used a lot more.

Added skin decals to increase visibility at a distance. Also added fluorescent tape to the landing gear skids to increase the overall apparent size of the drone. The landing gear also makes hand catching less hazardous as your fingers don't get as close to the props. Can see the drone easily at 2000 ft. Best <$10 accessory that is used constantly.

Firehouse strobe with velcro loop pads cut from a 2" roll. Lot of area so the hooks on the back of the strobe fully engage the loops on the pad. Gets used more than expected.

Built own landing pad painted so it can double as a ground control point. If you fly from a lot of dirt definitely get some type of pad to keep the grit accumulation minimized. The paint cost somewhat less than the prices I've seen the pads going for and the wind won't budge the 28"x28" plywood.

Had a couple of camera hard cases hanging out that got modified foam. Without these a case would get used 100% of the time. The pleather bags are kind of a pain for drone/remote but are good for spent batteries.

All other items purchased (~$200 of cheap Amazon plastic stuff) sit in a box gathering dust. As always your mileage may vary depending on your use case. If the money spent increases safety it's a wise move. If it's a novelty feature save your money.

The ND16 that came with fly more has become an almost permanent part of the camera. Bought filer set that have gone unused. Have prop guards. Used them 3 times in 2 years. If you want to fly indoors they would get used a lot more.

Added skin decals to increase visibility at a distance. Also added fluorescent tape to the landing gear skids to increase the overall apparent size of the drone. The landing gear also makes hand catching less hazardous as your fingers don't get as close to the props. Can see the drone easily at 2000 ft. Best <$10 accessory that is used constantly.

Firehouse strobe with velcro loop pads cut from a 2" roll. Lot of area so the hooks on the back of the strobe fully engage the loops on the pad. Gets used more than expected.

Built own landing pad painted so it can double as a ground control point. If you fly from a lot of dirt definitely get some type of pad to keep the grit accumulation minimized. The paint cost somewhat less than the prices I've seen the pads going for and the wind won't budge the 28"x28" plywood.

Had a couple of camera hard cases hanging out that got modified foam. Without these a case would get used 100% of the time. The pleather bags are kind of a pain for drone/remote but are good for spent batteries.

All other items purchased (~$200 of cheap Amazon plastic stuff) sit in a box gathering dust. As always your mileage may vary depending on your use case. If the money spent increases safety it's a wise move. If it's a novelty feature save your money.
Well I pulled the trigger, I did end up getting half cage prop guards, since I do fly in environments with obstacles above me, had an incident the other day where a prop grazed a brick roof of a tunnel. While it didn't do any damage, scared the hell out of me lol. But yeah, I think the firehouse strobes are my next purchase. I got prop guards, the payload system (which I'm actually having a lot of fun with, I used it during a local RC clubs race to add random obstacles to their race track, with permission of course) and I think I'm the same way with the ND filter just staying on the drone. Luckily the person I bought this from had everything in a nanuk hard case so that's all good there. I also ended up buying another battery and a 4 port car and wall charger. The payload system also came with fold out landing gear so that was two in one for me. I spent $10 buying the range extending antenna because some people say they work while some people just say they do help the connection remain stable not so much extending. That's a smart idea with the landing pad! I'll probably do the same thing

Reactions: MA2 317
Well. Did my maiden voyage. Noticed some weird behavior. With the prop guards on, it said payload detected and wind started whipping it around and it flew super unsteady and slow. Also tore my battery life to about 15 minutes. But with the actual payload system, and payload attached, it doesn't give me the payload warning. Which is crazy to me. So guess of all the things I got, the one thing i thought would be super nice to have flying in some close quarters, actually inhibits performance massively. Everything else works great though! Just the prop guards and DJI don't get along.

I believe most that have prop guards (and actually use them) are flying indoors. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I believe most that have prop guards (and actually use them) are flying indoors. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Fair, I was just going to use them because I do a lot of close quarters flying. Like through walkways and stuff. But these things apparently threw the sensors off so bad it actually made it crash from overcorrecting.

Fair, I was just going to use them because I do a lot of close quarters flying. Like through walkways and stuff. But these things apparently threw the sensors off so bad it actually made it crash from overcorrecting.

Wonder if they affect prop efficiency so much it thinks it's being weighed down.

Screenshot 09-05-2020 15.22.06.jpg

I'm still rocking the Air 2 with the Rescue Jacket which weighs 4 ounces, no issues at all.
You need to turn off that warning once you get it.

Here she is Flying like B 17 Flying Fortress

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Like a B 17 Bomber and fly in the Rain, Land on the Water.

View attachment 173265

I'm still rocking the Air 2 with the Rescue Jacket which weighs 4 ounces, no issues at all.

Phantomrain.org
How do I turn it off? I went through the settings and couldn't find an option

View attachment 173265

Phantomrain.org
Also, looking at your website and will definitely be ordering soon!

Also, looking at your website and will definitely be ordering soon!
This may help

It very easy to turn off Payload mode once the payload mode is activated in the sky , than you can go into the menu and turn it off but not before it activates.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

This may help

It very easy to turn off Payload mode once the payload mode is activated in the sky , than you can go into the menu and turn it off but not before it activates.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.
Also, I stated it wrong, it didn't say payload detected (checked the flight log) it said "Propeller Guards Detected. Flight performance lowered to ensure flight safety."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne