DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone been to Anguilla?

Reactions
Headed there next week. I see there’s no restrictions in St Maarten...Anguilla is a 20 min boat ride from there. Assume it’s an acceptable area to fly.

I’m here and it’s fantastic. No unusual restrictions. Caribbean colors are exquisite.

I’m here and it’s fantastic. No unusual restrictions. Caribbean colors are exquisite.
British owned and beautiful. Been there several times while vacationing in St Martin.

British owned and beautiful. Been there several times while vacationing in St Martin.
Yeah..looking forward to editing my footage, but not looking forward to leaving.

We’ve been to Saint Martin many times. But not since the hurricane. We used to spend a lot of time at Dawn Beach and it really looked like there could be some good spots there for droning. I understand, however, it got hit hard.

Pinel Island was our favorite day trip. Also good for photos/videos. Small and uninhabited save day trippers. Easy to get to and there is a couple French run businesses that operate during the day.......especially the cabana service. You wade out into the waist high water and a waiter brings out a table to serve your cocktails on.

We’ve been to Saint Martin many times. But not since the hurricane. We used to spend a lot of time at Dawn Beach and it really looked like there could be some good spots there for droning. I understand, however, it got hit hard.

Pinel Island was our favorite day trip. Also good for photos/videos. Small and uninhabited save day trippers. Easy to get to and there is a couple French run businesses that operate during the day.......especially the cabana service. You wade out into the waist high water and a waiter brings out a table to serve your cocktails on.
Didn’t spend any time on st martin. Just straight over to Anguilla. I searched maps and can’t find a Pinel island, but that sounds cool. We’re in Shoal Bay, and the beach here is great. Went down to the west end yesterday and found ourselves on the beach of The Reef resort. They were closed for a couple days and we got to hang at one of the most high end places here. Got some good footage there. One more funny incident I’ll share. At our beach I heard a drone and saw a Phantom following a couple walking in the sand. It was part of a crew shooting the Finnish version of The Bachelor. Was totally Interesting to see the buff dudes and hot chicks playin that crazy game.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Pinel Ilet (Island) is off the coast from Cul de Sac on the NE part of the French side, about 5 miles east of Grand Case. Ferry costs about $10 round trip.
1580077037875.png

The Mrs. (my daughter) and I went right after the Hurricane in 2018. Stayed in St. Maarten and spent a day on Anguilla. Spectacular. We (pretty much) had the beach to ourselves. Anguilla is a must see . . . Shoal Bay East is the beach.

P1010664.JPG

Reactions: Topo and Thomas B
The Mrs. (my daughter) and I went right after the Hurricane in 2018. Stayed in St. Maarten and spent a day on Anguilla. Spectacular. We (pretty much) had the beach to ourselves. Anguilla is a must see . . . Shoal Bay East is the beach.

View attachment 92209
Yep...we’ve been around to quite a few beaches and Shoal Bay is the best. Fortunately, we’re staying a 5 min walk from it.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic