DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone else have this issue? (Smart controller no video feed from drone)

bolts4brekfast

Reactions
So i recently purchased the zoom with smart controller - not quite a month ago. (not my first zoom - i had a different one about a year ago)
smart controller and drone both have current firmware.

I've noticed that several times (just when starting up the drone/controller) that there will be no video feed displayed on the smart controller screen when powering on the controller and drone.
I usually have to power cycle the drone a couple of times, or close out the DJI GO app on the controller (by going to recent then swiping away the app) to get the video feed to come back up.

Anyone else experience this issue?
IMG_20200405_194549.jpgIMG_20200405_194549.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: patthronson
Sorry, a different question ... I have never seen on my SC ... what is the scale to the left of the gimbal pitch ... where it says 24 mm?

I've seen the screen issue twice since last update. Restart of RC and AC fixes it but it should not happen.

Reactions: bolts4brekfast
Sorry, a different question ... I have never seen on my SC ... what is the scale to the left of the gimbal pitch ... where it says 24 mm?
That's the zoom. Unique to the M2Z. (24mm-48mm optical zoom in 2.7k and higher. 24mm-96mm in 1080. 48mm-96mm is digital zoom)

This issue was recently discussed on a thread. My solution when this appears is to go out of GO 4 and get to the Android settings menu or just swipe down and find the Android settings icon. Scroll down to apps, click and find The GO4 app click and “force Stop” while ignoring the warning. This kills the app. It seems there is a memory management issue perhaps. Close settings and restart GO 4 and enter the MP 2. I don’t need to restart the SC or aircraft this way. This reset has only been necessary during booting the SC and aircraft. It has not occurred during flight.
I should mention this is GO 4.3.28. I have been unable to update to a later version. MAC Catalina wasn’t playing very well with DJI assistant 2 for a while. Time to retry.
Using the search function reveals a thread over a year ago about this subject and there was some DJI response but I’m not sure if the exact problem was identified or fixed.

I have had the issue sporadically. I have a smart controller and an M2 Pro. I tried the M2 Zoom before settling on the M2 Pro and didn’t experience the problem at all with the zoom. Both SC’s were running the latest version of DJI Go 4 (4.3.32). The first time it happened, restarting the controller and AC did not cure it. But a second restart did. Since then, the video feed has cut out couple of times. The restart fixed it each time.

During a day long photo shoot at a trucking company the gray screen started early afternoon and continued intermittently on start up, usually resolved by a restart until the last shot of the day. We had 30 people assembled in front of a line of parked trucks and could not get the controller to display the image. The smart controller is now in the box it came in. This was 6 months ago. You would think it would be resolved by now.

I’ve had this happen 50% of the time in the last six weeks since I bought the smart controller. What I found is if I pop out the SD card in the controller and push it back in again it instantly is fixed. Did not have to reboot. Just takes about five seconds to re-read the card and start up properly. And easy quickfix. A bit of a hiccup but it happens 50% of the time.

Same here with Mavic 2 pro.. What I found is if I start the AC first and then the SC everything is fine all the times.

Reactions: scoble08
I experience the video feed not coming up from time to time when I start the drone and the smart controller. Usually after a drone reboot it works fine. I have tried to solve the issue by killing the APP on the smart controller but that didn't work for me. A reboot of the smart controller works on a rare occasion. I tried to figure out what the "quickest fix" would be. In my case a reboot of the drone brings up the video feed.
Here is an overview of my rig:
DJI Mavic 2 Pro: firmware v01.00.04.00
DJI Smart Controller: firmware v01.00.0700
No microSD card in the smart controller.
I had the same issue on the previous version of the smart controller's firmware (v01.00.0650). I don't recall having this behavior on the previous version of the Mavic 2's firmware though.
For the moment it happens once every 10 to 15 times that everything gets started up. This is not really ideal but I can live with that for the moment. Hope to get a solution in a future firmware update :)

I was flying my Mavic Pro 2 on Sunday...and my SC had a red disconnected from aircraft in the upper left hand corner of the screen...and the aircraft continue to hover in the same location...I checked my settings and I have my return to home set...the screen was not "active"...it showed a black and white frozen picture and I could still control my drone...luckily it was directly overhead and was easy to land...however, the smart controller worked correctly (after I landed) from that point on...I was wondering if anybody has had this happen to them and what was the fix?

This is a good discussion area.

I just purchased a refurbished Mavic Pro 2 with SC. It set up properly including all software and firmware updaters. I too experienced a drop in camera feed. It finally connected after several tries. Connection consistency was an issue whether or not I start the SC or the AC first. Once I had a good connection, I took the drone on a test flight over a field. Everything seemed to be going well in the beginning with this 500 feet test flight. On return the drone disconnected from the SC when it was about 40 feet from me. The SC failed to reconnect. Luckily return to home seemed to work even though the drone seemed to shake a little on during the landing process. Since I had no issues with the standard controller, I assumed it was a defective product and returned it to the vendor. I have a replacement coming tomorrow. If it does it again, I'll contact DJI technical support. I have read in other postings that this is fixed if you relink the SC to the drone. I haven't had and opportunity to test this solution yet.

I'll post here if I hear about good fix.

Good luck to us all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain_Rick