DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone else having issues with Fly app v1.6.9?

blackbirdsr72

Reactions
After updating my Air 2S to the latest, there was an update prompt for the Fly app from v1.6.8 to v1.6.9 earlier today. However things are not looking good.

The drone doesn't show its direction on the lower left corner in regard to the RC or Home point correctly. Now the blue pointer turns Green when I am facing away from the drone instead of toward it.

I have refreshed the drone & RC firmwares and calibrated compass with no success. Everything was fine on the previous app version(s).

I haven't tested this with my Air 2 yet, but I've seen a YouTuber demonstrate that when using 1.6.9 with the Mini 3 Pro, ByPass obstacle avoidance doesn't work when shooting at frame rates above 30fps in 4k. The drone just stops in its tracks.

Reactions: Yaros
I haven't tested this with my Air 2 yet, but I've seen a YouTuber demonstrate that when using 1.6.9 with the Mini 3 Pro, ByPass obstacle avoidance doesn't work when shooting at frame rates above 30fps in 4k. The drone just stops in its tracks.
@EyesWideShut found the answer in post #3 here. It's not a fault.

Reactions: blackbirdsr72
If you haven't already, make sure to calibrate your compass with the phone attached to your remote controller and both phone and RC powered up. The problem is usually RC interference with your phone's compass. This should fix your problem.

Just updated my Air 2s with the new firmware and app. No apparent problems with Fly app. No need to calibrate compass just because app and/or firmware updated.,
Aircraft firmware 02.04.2190
App version 1.6.9
RC firmware 04.12.0056

If you haven't already, make sure to calibrate your compass with the phone attached to your remote controller and both phone and RC powered up. The problem is usually RC interference with your phone's compass. This should fix your problem.
Thanks for your suggestion. I have already done it that way. I think the new FW is also playing into this besides the Fly app somehow. I need to investigate further as I have not tried all of the troubleshooting.

Just updated my Air 2s with the new firmware and app. No apparent problems with Fly app. No need to calibrate compass just because app and/or firmware updated.,
App version 1.6.9
RC firmware 04.12.0056
Good to hear. This was always been my case until recently where every update messed up something.

App version 1.6.9
RC firmware 04.12.0056
Same here on my MA2 and MM2, flew both after the update without any issues or substantial changes.

Not experiencing this issue, all I can suggest is restart, reset, or reinstall. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure if there's a way to roll back or install an older version of the app. Hope it gets resolved soon.

After updating my Air 2S to the latest, there was an update prompt for the Fly app from v1.6.8 to v1.6.9 earlier today. However things are not looking good.

The drone doesn't show its direction on the lower left corner in regard to the RC or Home point correctly. Now the blue pointer turns Green when I am facing away from the drone instead of toward it.

I have refreshed the drone & RC firmwares and calibrated compass with no success. Everything was fine on the previous app version(s).
That happens to me with the Mini 3. With the Air 2S I'm doing well.

• Sad
I have signal issues after the update with my Mavic Air 2

It's breezy here today but I will have to get my MA2 in the air to test a bit more and will report back. First flight after the update I didn't notice a single drop and all the functions including RTH worked fantastic.

1.6.8 on RC Pro and Air 2S did not show the map, 1.6.9 diplay a very low unusable resolution map !!!

• Sad
Looks like it solved itself. I have tried my tablet (Android 12) this time and everything works seamlessly again. Not sure if this was the cause though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet