DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone ever go to the Dominican Republic with their Mavic Pro?

Reactions
DJI Mavic and (3) OEM batteries, carry on in a padded case.

I know I have to have paperwork to fly the Mavic in D.R. and I'm working on that now with their avaiation authority.

My issue is I anonymously emailed the resort we are staying at and they claim they do not allow drones. Thing is they don't own the beach, which the D.R. does and if I have consent and I'm not being an idiot I don't see the issue with me flying it on the beach.

I doubt ill have more than a few batteries worth of total flight time the entire 7 day trip. I'd take off and land no where near anyone and I really want to catalog my trip there because it's a beautiful once in a life time experience for my wife and I.

Thoughts, comments, concerns?

I fly in the Dr frequently...entered and exit the airport with it at least 5 times. At the Christ statue in Puerto plata they told me to land, but everywhere else have had no complaints. One guy even blessed me and my machine [emoji23]

But I don't fly in resorts. Where are you staying? Probably Punta cana...try to go to Macao beach, Bavaro, or a day trip to Catalina island.

Keep 500 pesos on you if anyone gives you trouble, that's more than enough to pay off the police. Don't worry about paperwork.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phamvl3508