DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying over Sosua, Dominican Republic

MindlessPursuit

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Greetings All!!
It was around 10pm in Dominican Republic when I was flying over the northern coast of beaches in Sosua (Max altitude of 200ft because of an airport).
I have a Mavic Air 2, so the night video wasn't as good as daytime flying.
After a couple minutes of flying around I noticed that someone was using what seemed like a spotlight to shine on my drone. I thought it was just kids fooling around so I switched to Sport mode and was losing them.
2 minutes later an SUV showed up with 4 men with rifles and police gear at the condo where I was staying at (which I was standing outside flying it), and told me I cannot fly the drone in that town.
I definitely know the rules in the states but not Internationally so I landed it and apologized. I had no intentions of arguing with them.
My question is, how the heck did they find my location? I've been reading through several posts about the tech that Spain uses but doubt that they have it also.

Hi Vic, this is Juan, what I do know is the police have drones, and that it was created a new Drone squadron by the Local Army, but is just to check on the Frontier with Haiti, did those mens identify them self, because I also know there are a lot of Russians and east European foreigners that maybe they have a private vigilance. the no fly area that applies here is similar to the one use by airplanes, the red circle is the map. so I don't think they where policeman the one that visited you. Also the president was not in the area, when he moves the circle goes with him. Nice to meet you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31