DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone experience gimbal reset mid-flight?

I had the same issue on a drone I bought second-hand. He’d only flown it once and decided he didn’t want it, and since I had sent mine in for repair he offered to sell it to me. Come to find out he did have a little crash on his first flight. He was indoors and it got too close to the window.

Anyway, there wasn’t a scratch on it and in my first couple flights I had no issues. However, there was a few times I took it out and while flying the gimbal would very slowing aim downward and I’d have to aim it back up with the angle adjustment on my remote. Then it would slowly aim downward again. On those same days, it would do the gimble reset like described above. I did all the usual resets and calibrations and that didn’t help. Even did it without the SD card in.

I sent the drone in. Their quote was about $150. No Dji Care on this one, so I paid it. A few days later I had a new/refurb unit delivered and haven’t had any problems. As stated above, this is a common problem. And if it makes any difference, he initially purchased this drone about 18 months ago.
Yes I use to get it happening all the time, since after I crashed my Mavic Pro and had to have the whole camera and cable's fixed I've never had it happen to me since. Touch wood! So it must be something to do with the cabling to the camera or gimble...

I was out flying with my MP the other day in good conditions. I was flying as a passenger in a moving vehicle, following the vehicle. I had made it about three miles when the gimbal flipped out. I thought the MP was going down at first because the image i was seeing went from the ground to seeing nothing but blue skies. I thought the pro was upside down until I looked over at it. Luckily that wasn't the case as apparently all it was was the gimbal resetting and it was at its max viewing angle right then.

When I went to look at the footage later, apparently it stopped recording right before the gimbal reset. I also noticed that the file size was right at its 4GB maximum before it starts recording a new file. My guess is there was some problem when it tried to start a new file, so it just reset everything to do with the camera. Anyone experience anything similar? I haven't flown it again since then, but probably will tomorrow.

I had it happen to me again the other day full reset while i was 200 feet up flying forwards , i was recording when it happened and im using the 64 gig sand disk card.

I have also experienced Gimbal resets. 3 one day, a fourth which resulted in a crash the following. There is no clear solution to this issue, you cannot get any type of support from DJI as they have a no care attitude. Since the crash I have bought another Gimbal / camera assembly, but I don't hold my breath that this will not happen again. I would have to state that this is simply a case of poor quality design / manufacturing and DJI are doing nothing to resolve this.
I had it happen to me again the other day full reset while i was 200 feet up flying forwards , i was recording when it happened and im using the 64 gig sand disk card.
Becoming a regular quality issue endemic to the Mavic. You can try raise this with DJI but I have little faith in them resolving never mind responding to you.

Hi Guys,
sorry for my english but I'm Italian a you know that italian guys has some problems with other language... :)
I tried to understand this problem because also my new mavic has the same problem.
I read a lot of post in a lot of forum.

I'm quite sure that the problem is the 64GB SD card. I have two 64SD card (top level) and I have this problem. If I use the 16GB or 32GB SD all works.

I can notice that with 64GB card inside my mavic also the "camera setting reset" fail. After fail the SD card are not read from the Mavic.

I tried also to format the SD car with my Mac in exFAT, with the Mavic but nothing change.

With 32GB SD card (same manufacturer from 64GB card and same model) all works fine.

Tomorrow I have a very intense shooting with Mavic and 32GB SD card. I keep you update.

Sounds like maybe one of the buttons in the app got dedicated to "Rest Gimbal"

I found a fix as my Mavic pro was doing a gimbal reset everytime i would go into sport mode and hit some wind . every flight was ruined by these resets. I got fed up and opened it to see if i can press some ribbons in and what I found is the main power for the gimbal is and was not pressed in all the way. I wonder if this is a common issue is just that little wire coming lose. 10 screws and 10 min.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS