DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone flying just for fun?

Anyone here flying just for fun?

I have the impression that most people here are professional or hobbyist photographers or videographers that fly primarily to shoot photos and videos.

Personally, I fly just for fun. I am very rarely using the footage for anyting at all except from a Facebook photo now and then. I guess that's why I went with Mavic 2 Zoom instead of the Pro. :cool:

I'm flying RC helicopters and racing drones as well. The video link on a Mavic + Goggles is much better than anything else though.
FUN!

I primarily fly for fun. Occasionally, I will also fly to get footage as part of animal rescue to document animal cruelty/neglect that occurs beyond the view of the street. That footage isn't enough legal ammo on its own, but it's enough to get law enforcement access to the property.

I mostly fly for fun and then the rest the time I'm 90% photos. Rarely video. I'm a photographer at heart.

I have the impression that most people here are professional or hobbyist photographers or videographers that fly primarily to shoot photos and videos.

Personally, I fly just for fun. I am very rarely using the footage for anyting at all except from a Facebook photo now and then. I guess that's why I went with Mavic 2 Zoom instead of the Pro. :cool:

I'm flying RC helicopters and racing drones as well. The video link on a Mavic + Goggles is much better than anything else though.

My flights are 100% for fun. Any videos I take are for personal use. Never say never, but I just don't see myself doing anything more with it, certainly not pursuing any form of money making.

Me too, it's a hobby which I enjoy continually learning new things about flying and photography. I am also lucky enough to live virtually in the middle of nowhere so I can just go through my back gate into the open hills of Northumberland with the MP or Air and enjoy.

I think I fly for fun all the time. I use drone's camera, just to look at the world from above.

From time to time I take some footage, specially during some trip.
But mainly it's for fun.

Since I don't have my 107 as yet and only been flying my drone a couple of weeks, I must say that every time I go flying it's for fun. I hope to eventually get involved with the local "Search & Rescue" group and that requires a 107 License.

Beyond that I love to fly and learn how the get the best results using my new Mavic Pro Platinum. I've crewed on Military aircraft, been PIC of single engine aircraft. Built and sold PPC's and trained Power Parachute pilots. I no longer get up in the air myself so I was looking for a quality quad to regain the mental images of flying and the MP gave that back to me, so yes I fly for Fun.

Since I don't have my 107 as yet and only been flying my drone a couple of weeks, I must say that every time I go flying it's for fun. I hope to eventually get involved with the local "Search & Rescue" group and that requires a 107 License.

Beyond that I love to fly and learn how the get the best results using my new Mavic Pro Platinum. I've crewed on Military aircraft, been PIC of single engine aircraft. Built and sold PPC's and trained Power Parachute pilots. I no longer get up in the air myself so I was looking for a quality quad to regain the mental images of flying and the MP gave that back to me, so yes I fly for Fun.
Your story sounds similar to mine. I love the thrill of lifting off and watching the ground “fall away” - never gets old.

I stopped flying because of cost - when I was learning to fly, a Grumman American AA-1B was $16/hr wet rate, and there was a 10% discount if you prepaid for a block of hours ($14.40/hr)...but I date myself .

Both flying and shooting are fun for me. I record every minute of every flight and have exceptional fun doing it and loads of fun again later reviewing it.

Reactions: mad monkey
For Fun and once in awhile get a nice picture or video. Really like the perspective of being above the ground. Like my photo of a large cactus from overhead....

Sure there was a way to fly in the national parks legally. Set up some rules other than NO!

I fly my Mavic Pro Platinum for pics and an occassional video to post to Instagram/Facebook (still fun). I fly my super cheap FPV drone purely for fun and to make me feel like I'm learning to fly all over again.

Yes. I am not sure why you would continue with the hobby if you were not having fun!

I fly just for fun. I research new places to fly on Google Maps beforehand including legs and distances and landmarks and potential safe landing places in case of a problem. I video every flight which is also record on my phone. I'm almost to 200km total flight distance and have flown over 2 abandoned NASA tracking stations, dams, beaches/ocean, lakes and lots of other cool stuff - great hobby!

Reactions: Broken Arrow
I fly for fun, but I am currently trying to film/document some of the old missions in Central & Northern NM for my own use. Surprisingly it does requires permission from the Archdioceses even for the abandoned ones.
Hey, you have some cool historical sites there, I think that's the general area where Billy the Kid roamed too, I've got a ton of places saved in my want-to-go list. There's also lots of abandoned icbm launch facilities scattered about which would be great to capture on video - I'm so jealous!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1