Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone get a deal at walmart

AnzacJack

Australian Defence Veteran
Reactions
  • Haha
Reactions: RayOZ
I'm waiting to see if Walmart/eCom honors the sale.

If you go to the eComElectronics website you will see that they do not have any DJI products, they sell small replacement batteries, but nothing for a DJI product. A number of people I know, including myself, tried to get them but got emails the next day cancelling the orders. A couple of people who didn't inquire and used expedited delivery received this.

1566234822893.png

If you go to the eComElectronics website you will see that they do not have any DJI products, they sell small replacement batteries, but nothing for a DJI product. A number of people I know, including myself, tried to get them but got emails the next day cancelling the orders. A couple of people who didn't inquire and used expedited delivery received this.

View attachment 79963
so are you saying that the advertised products where more than a price mistake and actually a product mistake? People who ordered and paid for an Inspire 2 actually received a battery?
This is actually more serious. I could understand them trying to get out of a pricing mistake, but actually sending out a totally different product and thinking this is ok is bordering on what some of the fraudulent operators do on ebay etc. Mistake or not, this isn't really acceptable

so are you saying that the advertised products where more than a price mistake and actually a product mistake? People who ordered and paid for an Inspire 2 actually received a battery?
This is actually more serious. I could understand them trying to get out of a pricing mistake, but actually sending out a totally different product and thinking this is ok is bordering on what some of the fraudulent operators do on ebay etc. Mistake or not, this isn't really acceptable

I can't speak to the intentions, or the cause of how this happened, but I can describe what I found when I dug in to research these listings. If you looked completely through the listed products, which included almost every quad that DJI produces, the "Manufacturers Part Number" for the listings all had this battery under one part number or another instead of a DJI product part number. I don't think this was a malicious act, but instead a huge mistake associating the wrong product description to the listing for these batteries sold by this 3rd party supplier. The general consensus was, if I get the quad that's an amazing deal (steal) and if I don't, I will simply return it to Walmart for a store credit, but that it was simply too good an opportunity to not try. One of the people that expedited the shipping, hoping to get a steal before the company realized what had happened, got their package today and posted a picture of it.

1566272253205.png

I’m sure it wasn’t malicious. I can’t imagine a company this big would try that, but it is certainly a big problem.
Will be interesting to see if my one takes them to task on this.

I’m sure it wasn’t malicious. I can’t imagine a company this big would try that, but it is certainly a big problem.
Will be interesting to see if my one takes them to task on this.
Agreed, as they say, if it seems to good to be true...

I'll bet if you dig through the fine print on the websites, you'll find disclaimers somewhere absolving them of errors like this.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
I'll bet if you dig through the fine print on the websites, you'll find disclaimers somewhere absolving them of errors like this.
It wasn't even in the fine print, it was one of the first things in the listings, that the 3rd party provided the info and that that they weren't responsible for mis-advertisements. I also find it hard to figure out how anybody got this deal since I looked through Walmart's listings, sorted low to high price, and saw all the 17.99, 22.99, 24.99 etc., all the way up to the Air Fly more combo for 70.99. There were correctly priced items along side of them but the one thing that all the "lowball priced" items had in common, from the Air, Mavic, Phantom and high end Inspire packages listed, was the 3rd party supplier... eComelectronics!

After searching Walmart and eCom's websites all night long, and noticing the "mfg part number" on Walmart for each of these items didn't match what the product was that they were advertising, I knew it couldn't be valid.

Then I got an email from eCom directly and so now I wonder even more... if they don't appear to carry those product lines, and like their website showed, were a "battery company"... how did anyone actually reallly get one???

Maybe we have a unicorn

1566794776152.png

I know this thread is a few months old, but I was looking up pricing on the new mavic mini and I came across a walmart listing for a mavic pro fly more combo for $99.99. I almost ordered it, but I figured it was too good to be true and it seems my gut was correct. It seems like Ecomelectronics is at it again. It could be another mistake, but it seems a little bit fishy to me.Capture.PNG
DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Combo CP.PT.000642 - Walmart.com

I saw it and told friends. Almost each friend got in an order for a Spark for from $18 to $79. Then the ads starting showing out of stock or the price suddenly increasing to $99,999.99. Makes you wonder if it is an attention getter or if an employee is trying to sabotage their own company. I checked to see if they have to honor the mislabeled ad. Some states require it, others do not. Sure had the adrenaline going for a while. Will see what happens. I went to the website of the company and on their direct website they don't list any drones at all. Odd. Clearly someone is quickly trying to amend the pricing and just stopping everything by inserting that very high price.

I wish I understood how these things are posted. It's probably very remote from the Walmart site, with a key or permit to access their listings. As for product listed, it is probably done by people who don't always know the products and what they are worth so when they are listing they may not know value when an error occurs or they may type so fast they leave off a digit. On the other hand, one wonders if there is some benefit in this attention brought to their website. In this case I suspect every order will be cancelled. There were dozens of listings for Sparks, Mavics and accessories, most mispriced from this particular seller.

Fro what I remember way back when it happened, a few people got an order in but it was quickly shut down and no one to my knowledge had a drone shipped at that price, those that paid prior to the shut down just got refunded.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803