DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone have DJI GO 4 just shut off during flight?

Sparky1

Reactions
This is the first time this has happened since I got the mavic last August. I flew out to a tad over 19,000 ft to beat my record of 16,000 ft, and on the way back right around 2500 ft or so away the app just shut off. I looked at the controller and I still had control of the drone as I could see my distance closing and height displayed. I restarted the app and it picked up the video feed again. When I got it home, I looked at the GO 4 app and it only had flight record of the time I had restarted the app. Not the original take off before it shut down. The SD card shows 2 separate videos. Not sure why the app would just shut off like that? Flying in airplane mode and zero interference. Not to mention also not recording the flight info.

Were you using a Ipad Mini 4 or another IOS device, I had the DJI Go 4 continuously shutting down like you described several times in each flight until I upgraded IOS to 11.2 and the app to 4.1.18

This is the first time this has happened since I got the mavic last August. I flew out to a tad over 19,000 ft to beat my record of 16,000 ft, and on the way back right around 2500 ft or so away the app just shut off. I looked at the controller and I still had control of the drone as I could see my distance closing and height displayed. I restarted the app and it picked up the video feed again. When I got it home, I looked at the GO 4 app and it only had flight record of the time I had restarted the app. Not the original take off before it shut down. The SD card shows 2 separate videos. Not sure why the app would just shut off like that? Flying in airplane mode and zero interference. Not to mention also not recording the flight info.
I've only had my Mavic for ten days and the Go app worked fine until last night. I use the iPhone app. It started shutting down after only a few minutes of being loaded. When I was flying today, it did the same thing. Here's what I did that seemed to fix it. I opened the Go app and clicked on the "Me" icon in the lower right corner. Then I clicked on the settings gear in the upper right corner. It brought up a menu and I clicked on "Clear Cache". I went through the list and cleared all items separately. This was just a guess on my part but the app has worked fine since then.

Sorry, my bad. I should've specified using android GO 4 app. The latest version. Using my Oneplus 3t. Never had issues before

More than likely the droid app has place to clear the caches. See if you can find it and give it a try.

Reactions: Sparky1
It happened to me too since yesterday - dec 5th 2017. Using a iPhone 6 and after an update.

It happened to me too since yesterday - dec 5th 2017. Using a iPhone 6 and after an update.
The clue here is "after an update". Have a copy of your last stable version available in case an update has a problem. I had the same thing happen to me (Android); one day fine and the next had an unusable video feed. I found that an update got loaded. I re-installed my working version and fly in airplane mode and all is right with the world again.

Check under Settings/Battery to make sure Android is not monitoring GO4, in some cases it incorrectly assumes the app is asleep and will kill it to save power.
Wow. That's a great theory. Never really thought about that. I did recently update to Android 8.0 Oreo on my phone, so perhaps that might be something to look into. Thanks

Started happening to me to, brutal, I’ve dumped the app 3 times and reinstalled, works for a few flights then just randomly shuts down, I retain control until it restarts and resumes. It also deletes my video footage from the editor in complete random fashion. Poor gone. Will not upload from my photos app either. I also have problems with RTH. It will begin the sequence and every 50 ft like clockwork it stops for about 5 seconds and flies another 50 ft. Maybe the app crashes during this and maybe it doesn’t. Today I’m going to try and recalibrate the sensors as it’s the last thing I can think of to do. Between apple and DJI they have really screwed up this sequence of upgrade/ updates. It’s too dangerous to fly. They really need to get there **** together. It’s a joke.

Thx - that same evening I've updated the iOS of my iPhone and since then the app works just fine again.

So, it did it to me again. The app just shut down. I don't get it. Getting very frustrating. When I restart the app, it still knows my original recorded home point. So I'm baffled at this point other than a garbage android DJI go 4 app update. I can't just have the app shut off and stop camera footage. This is ridiculous

This was happening to me too. I realised I had an iOS update available (to 11.2) so did that yesterday. I’ve run the app and left open since and it’s not closed, albeit not connected to drone but seems a good start.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc