DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone here using the Firehouse Mini Landing Gear Strobes?

Nonprophet

Reactions
I'd like to put a strobe on my mini to help me see it when flying. Not so concerned about other aircraft seeing me as I almost always fly in remote areas. A couple times now I've lost the drone in the sky, and while so far I've been able to get it home safely, I do worry about losing sight of it--especially as my missions go farther and farther away. Sometimes the orientation icon on the Fly app doesn't seem to work properly and/or has a real lag so I'm not comfortable with relying on just that yet. Can't see myself wanting to do night flights, but certainly sunrise or sunset flights are very likely.

I like the idea of the landing gear strobes because: 1. they're small and light (though they'll put it over the 250g weight threshold) 2. Not only can they help me see the drone but also help me orient as the front-facing lights will show me which way it's pointed.

I'm wondering if anyone else has used these and if you're happy with them. How well can you see them? What colors are you using?

There is also a "headlight" strobe for the mini, but, I fear that could really catch the wind and make windy flight risky. There is also the ARC lights, but they attach to the top of the drone and in normal daylight conditions I'd think it would be very hard to see the strobe if the drone was above you. Lastly, there is a bottom-mount Firehouse strobe for the mini, but, I recently picked up some landing gear that attaches to the bottom so that wouldn't work unless I switched landing gear.

So who's using strobes on their minis, and how are they working for ya?

Thanks!

I've just velcroed some strobon white cree's to the rear arms

Last edited:
Reactions: ff22
White is the most visible.
Velcro is the cheapest and easiest.
The two led lights are enough.
Now you know.

Reactions: ff22
I'd like to put a strobe on my mini to help me see it when flying. Not so concerned about other aircraft seeing me as I almost always fly in remote areas. A couple times now I've lost the drone in the sky, and while so far I've been able to get it home safely, I do worry about losing sight of it--especially as my missions go farther and farther away. Sometimes the orientation icon on the Fly app doesn't seem to work properly and/or has a real lag so I'm not comfortable with relying on just that yet. Can't see myself wanting to do night flights, but certainly sunrise or sunset flights are very likely.

I like the idea of the landing gear strobes because: 1. they're small and light (though they'll put it over the 250g weight threshold) 2. Not only can they help me see the drone but also help me orient as the front-facing lights will show me which way it's pointed.

I'm wondering if anyone else has used these and if you're happy with them. How well can you see them? What colors are you using?

There is also a "headlight" strobe for the mini, but, I fear that could really catch the wind and make windy flight risky. There is also the ARC lights, but they attach to the top of the drone and in normal daylight conditions I'd think it would be very hard to see the strobe if the drone was above you. Lastly, there is a bottom-mount Firehouse strobe for the mini, but, I recently picked up some landing gear that attaches to the bottom so that wouldn't work unless I switched landing gear.

So who's using strobes on their minis, and how are they working for ya?

Thanks!
I use one FHT Red 600 lunen, (4 leds) on the nose, a green one on the tail and a white one on top & bottom..

Reactions: Hafa adai flyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun