DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone in Sonoma County?

I have flown several times on the Sonoma coast, and it would be great to get together and fly sometime. Weekends are great! I am in Marin. Thanks.
Hello, I'm in Santa Rosa and a newbie to drones. I'd like to get to know people who have been successfully flying...as in, they still have a drone because they didn't crash it into the ocean. LOL. What's the best way to exchange information (phone #) without getting on every spam list known to man?

Hi all, new to the forum here! Just got my new Mini 3 Pro, and like most people here am finding it rather restrictive as for public places where it can be flown around Sonoma County, and would love some guidance from anybody towards good spots to go for some flying!

Hi guys I'm in Santa Rosa, I saw someone mention APTP for flying. Be careful when doing this, APTP is a city park, and city of SR has an ordinance no flying w/o a permit from SR Rec and Parks. I flew there during the lockdowns and the only reason I was hassled was that I was on the fields when it was clearly posted the fields were closed. I have flown Galvin and Rincon Valley again all during the pandemic so there was no one out there. Now that we are back to normal I'm sure people will be complaining so be careful of that. One place I have flown that was actually easy and quite relaxing was Lake Mendocino, got some great shots of the lake and where the Russian River comes into the lake. The place is a ghost town and very easy to park and fly. You do have to get LAANC author from KUKI as it is in their Class E Airspace. I'm looking to fly Lake Sonoma next, has anyone flown there? I would like any advice on flying at Lake Sonoma - Thanks

Reactions: pelagic_one
Hey all

My name is Dave and I'm looking for someone to do a video/documentation project near Healdsburg at Lake Sonoma. Can't really afford to pay anything but would provide transport, buy you lunch/dinner.

Message me for details if interested.

Hi there Im in SR and it is against park rules to fly aerial systems in all city parks without a permit. i was approached by city park worker at AP2P, who advised me of this, Ive never been approached by Law Enforcement..just a heads up. SC has really tightened up and with the increased air traffic it is becoming impossible to put a sUAS up in that city. Park Rules | Santa Rosa, CA

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000