DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone know international drone regulations specific to the Dominican Republic?

Reactions
DJI Mavic and (3) OEM batteries, carry on in a padded case.

I know I have to have paperwork to fly the Mavic in D.R. and I'm working on that now with their avaiation authority.

My issue is I anonymously emailed the resort we are staying at and they claim they do not allow drones. Thing is they don't own the beach, which the D.R. does and if I have consent and I'm not being an idiot I don't see the issue with me flying it on the beach.

I doubt ill have more than a few batteries worth of total flight time the entire 7 day trip. I'd take off and land no where near anyone and I really want to catalog my trip there because it's a beautiful once in a life time experience for my wife and I.

Thoughts, comments, concerns?

DJI Mavic and (3) OEM batteries, carry on in a padded case.

I know I have to have paperwork to fly the Mavic in D.R. and I'm working on that now with their avaiation authority.

My issue is I anonymously emailed the resort we are staying at and they claim they do not allow drones. Thing is they don't own the beach, which the D.R. does and if I have consent and I'm not being an idiot I don't see the issue with me flying it on the beach.

I doubt ill have more than a few batteries worth of total flight time the entire 7 day trip. I'd take off and land no where near anyone and I really want to catalog my trip there because it's a beautiful once in a life time experience for my wife and I.

Thoughts, comments, concerns?
Have shot from the beach on 2 resorts never a issue
the beach is not private so if someone ask you to leave move down the beach a ways and enjoy.Dont be a *** but you have the right to fly. If under 4.4 lbs you dont need the permit everyone is jabbing about. I have both the spanish and translated version of there resolution.Use common scence and enjoy. Take notice of article 8

Attachments

• RESOLUTION final.pdf
    199.7 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: Yoda007
Have shot from the beach on 2 resorts never a issue
the beach is not private so if someone ask you to leave move down the beach a ways and enjoy.Dont be a *** but you have the right to fly. If under 4.4 lbs you dont need the permit everyone is jabbing about. I have both the spanish and translated version of there resolution.Use common scence and enjoy. Take notice of article 8

I will be taken off for DR within 24hrs. I have the mavic air drone and will be taking your advice and not be getting a permit since the drone weighs less than 4.4 lbs. I printed the copy of the resolution you posted and hoping for the best.

Cheers

I will be taken off for DR within 24hrs. I have the mavic air drone and will be taking your advice and not be getting a permit since the drone weighs less than 4.4 lbs. I printed the copy of the resolution you posted and hoping for the best.

Cheers
I got into it with a resort security officer on a beach in DR this past Saturday. I was told I was not allowed 2 fly on "their beach" so I moved. He got mad came back to me and threatened 2 call the police. I ended up telling him they do not own the beach and I showed him a copy of the declaration and my FFA license. He still told me to stop I ended up telling him that maybe it's a good idea that he learn his own laws before coming at someone like that.

I honestly dont think he got it and had the IQ of a brick. Just a sheep doing that he was told by his boss I bet, which is sad because he obviously doesnt think for himself. I should have told him to **** off and go ahead and call the cops. But didnt, I was about to leave for my flight back to the USA anyways. Yes I'm still salty about it lol.

I got into it with a resort security officer on a beach in DR this past Saturday. I was told I was not allowed 2 fly on "their beach" so I moved. He got mad came back to me and threatened 2 call the police. I ended up telling him they do not own the beach and I showed him a copy of the declaration and my FFA license. He still told me to stop I ended up telling him that maybe it's a good idea that he learn his own laws before coming at someone like that.

I honestly dont think he got it and had the IQ of a brick. Just a sheep doing that he was told by his boss I bet, which is sad because he obviously doesnt think for himself. I should have told him to **** off and go ahead and call the cops. But didnt, I was about to leave for my flight back to the USA anyways. Yes I'm still salty about it lol.

WOW,
Did you have any issue in bringing the drone back and forth through customs? Did you have any issues on other days you used your drone? what advice would you give me? I just don't want my drone being taken away from me...

cheers

WOW,
Did you have any issue in bringing the drone back and forth through customs? Did you have any issues on other days you used your drone? what advice would you give me? I just don't want my drone being taken away from me...

cheers
Ask your concierge at your resort they will tell you its ok, like mine did. Zero issues going through customs. Only had issues that 1 last time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc