DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

anyone modded thier controller to fit a tabet???

genesimmons

Reactions
has any one cut the restriction plastic so the arms open wider? i was looking at it and looks like a bit of trimming and a tablet would fit without any special adpaters, i think i am going to try it, if i like the tablet maybe ill get a proper mount for it, i struggle to see the phone in very bright days

I have done this. The only problem is that the arm will then clock the sport mode button. I am still able to switch it but just barely.

IMG_0674.JPG IMG_0673.JPG

thanx for the pics, yes thats what i want to do, nice trim job wow looks factory, i think my tablet is a bit smaller so may not need to open as wide as yours

has any one cut the restriction plastic so the arms open wider? i was looking at it and looks like a bit of trimming and a tablet would fit without any special adpaters, i think i am going to try it, if i like the tablet maybe ill get a proper mount for it, i struggle to see the phone in very bright days

The iPad Mini 4 slides into the arms of the RC for the Mavic Pro so perfectly that, according to some experts, DJI is subtly encouraging the use of this device, without actually endorsing an Apple product.

how small is a ipad mini, i dont own one of those, not a fan of propriatary apple products, i already have a samsung 8inch so i want to try it and if i like it i may get a proper mount for it, i am on the fence for the dji goggles though if the tablet isnt any better than my phone.

how small is a ipad mini, i dont own one of those, not a fan of propriatary apple products, i already have a samsung 8inch so i want to try it and if i like it i may get a proper mount for it, i am on the fence for the dji goggles though if the tablet isnt any better than my phone.
I got the goggles barely use them, they are nice to have if you have someone with you. People looking over my shoulder when i fly is annoying.

Reactions: Bunny Too
There are accessories by PolarPro and others that are easily installed and removed that mount tablets and phones right above the Remote Control without cutting anything on your RC that make viewing both the RC and Tablet or Phone more natural.

Was using a 7" tablet but the processor was slow and only 1.5GB RAM made it slow and lag with the newer DJI GO4 apps, phone works well but find the display small after using 7" tablet. But did find it very comfortable mounted with the Remote's arms. Hoping the same for the 8" as well, will see soon enough. If it feels unbalanced then I may have to go with another mount.

Hi Pard, about 2.5 hours from me. WOW!!! That's quite the modification. How's that working for you and you lose mobility doing it that way huh?

Hi Pard, about 2.5 hours from me. WOW!!! That's quite the modification. How's that working for you and you lose mobility doing it that way huh?
Its quite easy to remove and install the antennas back on the controller I also have the roof mount antenna from arteck so can sit in the truck and keep warm or go in the UTV but to much snow for that at present.

Cool setup anyways. Don't care much for the cold so I end up wussing out. LOL Got spoiled working indoors most of the time. Will start warming up soon.

Lol, can do about half a mile around the house sitting at the kitchen table using the goggles still have the ipad in for backup as the googles don't have the range of the controller and Ipad, have ordered some usb rechargeable tiny spot lights to mount on the mavic ...with the snow some close quarter nite tracking just for fun.

My 8" fits just fine with no modifications... its tight, but fits none the less.

2m26hjk.jpg

Lol, can do about half a mile around the house sitting at the kitchen table using the goggles still have the ipad in for backup as the googles don't have the range of the controller and Ipad, have ordered some usb rechargeable tiny spot lights to mount on the mavic ...with the snow some close quarter nite tracking just for fun.

Would love to be able to do that. The guy that built this house for some reason used a foiled lined tar paper and it really interferes signals like that and cell phones. Pretty spotty cell service in the house. Guess the guy didn't want ET to find him. LOL

My 8" fits just fine with no modifications... its tight, but fits none the less.

Good to see it fits, figured it would be a tight fit. Have mine coming in the next day or 2 and looking forward to trying it out. Might have to wait though, supposed to get to -19C. this weekend. BRRR!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78