DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone noticed faulty inputs when flying at high altitudes ? cannot change camera settings

KONY

Reactions
Hello,

I noticed something really annoying : when flying at some very high altitude (like between 400 and 500 meters - please don't judge me) the MAVIC 2 still remains quite controlable in term of feedback of sticks to aircraft BUT all camera settings becomes really jerky and stuck to one setting

at multiple occasions now it happened to me : in those situations , let's say i'm in video, the aircraft would refuse to switch back to photo at my request...in spite of multiple attempts

or if i was in PANORAMA MODE and want to reverse to ONE PHOTO mode and put back 16/9 ratio, this will not work and the drone will remain at 4/3 ratio or would be very laggy to do the switch

same goes for all the exposure (MANUAL, ISO, AUTO etc) : the drone would be stuck to the current position

why such behaviour ?

I would think that maybe it's due to the remote distance of the aircraft, yet during those times i have no issues to control the aircraft and bring it closer (which usually brings back things to normal).

i would say it's also a behavior i noticed with the MAVIC AIR (but never with my MAVIC PRO 1 i think).

Could it be that you've been flying for several minutes and your phone is starting to lag.
I've noticed my Samsung S5 can barely cope and starts to show similar delayed response after a few minutes.. Turning off the cache recording improves things

Reactions: KONY and Kilrah
Yes. I had finished a hyperlapse at 500 m (including processing) and exited to normal flight mode. While still at altitude I snapped some single shots. I didn't hear the fake shutter "click", but took a couple more with both the controller button and tapping the button on the screen. When I downloaded the sd there was the hyperlapse, but none of the single photos I took. At the time I thought I was just a hiccup from the hyperlapse shutdown. I will investigate this further, but I think the first firmware update will solve a lot of these annoyances.

I had the same issue but flying only half mile away and 100ft up. Camera settings would take 4 to 6 seconds before taking effect. This was on my iPad mini 4 and I put it down to the device rather than the remote or M2P itself. The iPad had reported CPU overload during the start of the flight.
I've upgraded to an iPad 2018 to try and get around the issue. No further repeat of the problem during a couple of night flights using manual camera settings and constantly changing settings.
I'll continue to monitor and report back

Could it be that you've been flying for several minutes and your phone is starting to lag.
I've noticed my Samsung S5 can barely cope and starts to show similar delayed response after a few minutes.. Turning off the cache recording improves things

Ah indeed that makes sense ! that would explain why the drone can still be controled perfectly fine with the remote control sticks but only the "on screen menus" are laggy >>> phone might be responsible

i'll try soon with my S9 which is more powerful so this should be a good solution (so far i was using my older S7 whenever i was flying)

thank for the idea, i'll report back here if solved

Ah indeed that makes sense ! that would explain why the drone can still be controled perfectly fine with the remote control sticks but only the "on screen menus" are laggy >>> phone might be responsible

i'll try soon with my S9 which is more powerful so this should be a good solution (so far i was using my older S7 whenever i was flying)

thank for the idea, i'll report back here if solved
I'm using an Ipad 2018, no caching, no screen recording.

I'm using an Ipad 2018, no caching, no screen recording.

yes so maybe there is something else...sometimes i would also notice pressing the photo button on the remote control is also laggy (at same time of this button being inactive on the phone for reason mentionned above)...so now each time i click to take a photo i look at the screen to check if the "available photos stock" is decreasing...a good way not be surprised after landing that no photos were taken

Reactions: Robert Granata
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan