DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone see anything wrong with this photo of my Mini?

speedypete

Reactions
Hello experts,

I’m a first time user of a drone, and something isn’t right. I think I know what it is, but would like my thoughts to be corroborated.

cheers

Peter

AE5128C1-418F-4119-873D-4A423CC57A80.jpeg

Hello experts,

I’m a first time user of a drone, and something isn’t right. I think I know what it is, but would like my thoughts to be corroborated.

cheers

Peter

View attachment 97222
there appears to be some slight damage to the left rear props ,the ones on the left in the photo and also you could be getting a compass error if there is rebar in those slabs

Reactions: pelagic_one
what do you think is wrong
When I attempted my first and subsequent flights, the drone powered up nicely but after a few seconds powered down, and never took off despite what seemed full power.

i think the props are on the wrong arms, as when I felt the airflow it was pushing up,rather than down.

Peter

There are markings on two of the legs -- the lower left one and upper right one as in the photo. Not having this model I am not sure what the owners manual states about the location of the props. My guess, and that's what it is a guess, the markings on the legs indicate which props go on those motors.

Hello experts,

cheers

Peter

View attachment 97222
there appears to be some slight damage to the left rear props ,the ones on the left in the photo and also you could be getting a compass error if there is rebar in those slabs
Two of the props have an extra stripe
did you remove all the props at once that would do it, with the drone camera facing you, the front right arm motor should have a single stripe prop ,the left rear prop has a single stripe prop, the front left and rear right have the two stripe props

Reactions: Capt KO and WooZie

just sitting there for the photo, I calibrated it outside on a flat plastic surface.

did you remove all the props at once that would do it, with the drone camera facing you, the front right arm motor should have a single stripe prop ,the left rear prop has a single stripe prop, the front left and rear right have the two stripe props

This is what is disappointing, I paid £30 for the drone to be setup up professionally, this is how it came, together with a report stating it had been test flown etc. I will call them tomorrow. But as delivered the thrust is up not down so I have to question whether there really was a test flight performed.

When in doubt ... consult the user manual (page 18) --> problem solved ?

View attachment 97225
Absolutely, was a bit of a question and a quiz in one.

I was watching a YouTube video to try and see why it wasn’t taking off and they mentioned the correct prop position. That’s when I checked mine and found them in the wrong place, put there professionally ?

• Sad
Reactions: old man mavic
what do you think is wrong
i agree they are wrong. My wife owns one of these drones....there is a small mark on the rear left and one on the right front....these two arms take the double mark props, if that helps. most of the drones that I have flown always have some type of a marking that kind of helps when it comes to remembering what props goes where on the drone.

Last edited:
I am wondering about the mismatched props. They are already screwed to the correct arms during manufacturing and I never have heared about DJI making a mistake of that kind yet. So I suspect that your "profeesional" who charged you £30 extra fee is responsible for this fault.

Reactions: Capt KO
i agree they are wrong. My wife owns one of these drones....there is a small mark on the rear left and one on the right front....these two arms take the double mark props, if that helps. most of the drones that I have flown always have some type of a marking that kind of helps when it comes to remembering what props goes where on the drone.
One quick way to tell if the rotation is correct if you forget that the arms with one mark are for the blades with two stripes is that the blades rotate the attack edge of each blade in towards the nose for the front blades and in towards the rear for the back. The OP's blades have the attack edge set up to rotate in from the sides. This is assuming the motors are on with the correct rotation.

I am wondering about the mismatched props. They are already screwed to the correct arms during manufacturing and I never have heared about DJI making a mistake of that kind yet. So I suspect that your "profeesional" who charged you £30 extra fee is responsible for this fault.
I was going to say something like that too. The props are installed/mounted from the factory and there's no reason to remove them. One should avoid removing them unless necessary since they are mounted by screws, and it's easy to crossthread the screws, not screw them down enough, weaken the loctight, or put the props in the wrong place.

Reactions: Wavecloud
My Mini came all connected n ready to fly.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato