DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone see anything wrong with this photo of my Mini?

The standard rotation direction for DJI props is CW on front left and back right, CCW on front right and back left. You can easily tell the intended prop rotation direction by looking at the leading edges (the straighter, thicker, raised edge), and so those props are all incorrectly installed.

wow I had to pull out my MM to check. Yep your blades are hooked up in reverse of how they should be. They could never have test flown it. The blade with the two stripes that line is the single line mark it corresponds to the arm with the single mark by the motor. The blade with a solid strip indicayes no hash mark or the arm with no notch by the motor. also looking at the photo it's a little hard to judge depth but it looks to me like several of the screws are not seated correctly. the screws on my MM all sit flush with the top of the area that they screw into. best example is your back right screws they look to be not fully seated in the screw in area of the blade. see my attached photo.
post this MM.jpg

I would take it back to the so called professional who set it up for you. then check it before you fly it yourself. I suspect they checked if the motors started and did not try a flight

If they are a local business, I would remind them of the effects of bad press. You haven’t mentioned a name as yet. Total idiots for doing anything more than charging the batteries and test flight. What a joke. The test flight must’ve been a riot to watch, upside down flying? Damage a prop? WHAT!

sad

If they are a local business, I would remind them of the effects of bad press. You haven’t mentioned a name as yet. Total idiots for doing anything more than charging the batteries and test flight. What a joke. The test flight must’ve been a riot to watch, upside down flying? Damage a prop? WHAT!

sad
the video could be on the drones internal memory if it has it. or on the memory card

Did you buy this used? New Mini's have the props factory installed and yes, the props are definitely mounted on the arms the reverse of what they should be.

I agree with Slup / Post # 10, reference owners manual page # 18. It looks like DJI’s Quality Control was out to lunch the day they assembled your Mini, or they were wearing Sunglasses. ?

As a general rule in aviation you should always refer to right and left as if you are facing the same direction a pilot would be sitting.

Hello experts,

I’m a first time user of a drone, and something isn’t right. I think I know what it is, but would like my thoughts to be corroborated.

cheers

Peter

View attachment 97222
$30.00 is really a great deal to have it 'professionally' set up to fly upside down. That's usually y $75.00 charge! Filming the clouds when you're upside down is worth the money. Now, put it back together the way it was and go get inverted!

Last edited:
I agree with Slup / Post # 10, reference owners manual page # 18. It looks like DJI’s Quality Control was out to lunch the day they assembled your Mini, or they were wearing Sunglasses. ?
Well, Wuhan is only a brisk 11 hour drive from the DJI Factory in the Nanshan District, so ....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka