DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone see this video of the Mini 3 pro hitting a school bus.

Artificial intelligence confused on approaching objects, it's still thinking uumm do I move yet.buzzing on how close the housing is in the clip,close quarter living ,,I was expecting the bus driver to give him ear full ,,

With it being a school bus I think he was lucky the police were not called, daft place to fly, doesn't do much for the standing drones.

Reactions: BillS
Aside from being an idiot for going down an active street, I was impressed with how it worked it's way around the sign and post at roughly the 6 minute mark and the tree at 6:25. Also seemed like the bus came in a little hot, though the crash is definitely the fault of that.

Well thankfully no one was hurt..
Extremely bad place to “ experiment “ with ur drone…
I feel active track has its place and a residential street isn’t one…
The sensors of course didn’t have time to
“ figure” out the next move cause the bus
Was moving towards drone..
I’m pretty sure that Dji doesn’t test things like approaching vehicles..
But they might.. anyway, now u know Dude…
Would have been so much worse if it had been an irritable person in their personal vehicle….
Also making sure the drone is plenty high enough to avoid such things…

Well, this is one more thing we can learn from. If using active track, have the drone follow from well above any possible points of collision - trees - traffic, etc. He should have anticipated traffic, including school busses and trucks. But we learn every day. Just yesterday I learned that you can have a great flight and take a lot of photos, but if your SD card is not in the drone - you don't take any of that experience home with you...

Reactions: Torque
Well thankfully no one was hurt..
Extremely bad place to “ experiment “ with ur drone…
I feel active track has its place and a residential street isn’t one…
The sensors of course didn’t have time to
“ figure” out the next move cause the bus
Was moving towards drone..
I’m pretty sure that Dji doesn’t test things like approaching vehicles..
But they might.. anyway, now u know Dude…
Would have been so much worse if it had been an irritable person in their personal vehicle….
Also making sure the drone is plenty high enough to avoid such things…
Or a motorcycle

I just can't believe people would even think to use active track in such an area. His Mini 3 hit the school bus.

Very bad. This is obviously poor judgement and use of drone, even if just testing out. All of us honest drone flyers wonder why people try to restrict drones, to our dismay. These cases of poor judgement (preventable by not flying on a street at low level ! ! ) makes it harder for us to get drone flying acceptable. He needs to have a fine and get all his drones confiscated.

Very bad. This is obviously poor judgement and use of drone, even if just testing out. All of us honest drone flyers wonder why people try to restrict drones, to our dismay. These cases of poor judgement (preventable by not flying on a street at low level ! ! ) makes it harder for us to get drone flying acceptable. He needs to have a fine and get all his drones confiscated.
We can try to say that this was an accident......BUT totally preventable by NOT flying on a street at low level, unless taking off or landing. Really, this guy needs to have all his drone confiscated.

AND it was a school bus......a LOT of what-ifs.... especially if there were kids on board and more tight traffic, whereby a chain reaction accident could of have occurred....like have pedestrian near the chain reaction accident.....THIS is really bad. We need to have a forum to troll this guy ..... so that he does not think of his bad judgement as trivial....

So If this was in the US, would you the pilot report this crash to the FAA?
Since it's in Canada, does it need to be reported?

Also, surprised the bus driver didn't call the cops.
Being it did not cause any significant injury or more than $500 in damage then, no, they would not have to report it.

Reactions: Torque
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147