DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone successfully managed to cancel their Mavic Air order?

I was able to cancel three separate orders. When placed the order the site showed "payment success" status for the order. I was then able to hit refund order on the order detail page. The status then moves back to "payment reviewing" (instead of payment success). Then in about a day you get an email from DJI saying the order (cancellation in this case) is being processed. Shortly after that you get another email saying the order was successfully cancelled and refunded, even though they never really took full payment.

I was able to cancel three separate orders. When placed the order the site showed "payment success" status for the order. I was then able to hit refund order on the order detail page. The status then moves back to "payment reviewing" (instead of payment success). Then in about a day you get an email from DJI saying the order (cancellation in this case) is being processed. Shortly after that you get another email saying the order was successfully cancelled and refunded, even though they never really took full payment.
+1...I had to cancel an order due to DJI overcharging me. They then gave me a $30 credit along with 10% off for a re-order.

Yeah, probably got pushed back in line on shipping, but it's kinda too cold here to fly anyway.

Doubt it'll make too much difference. Still saying shipping on the 28th. I don't see the demand being that high since it's NOT cheap.

I think the demand has been higher than people think. Delivery time on the red and onyx air has gone up from 8-10 to 15-20 days now on the website in the uk

I think the demand has been higher than people think. Delivery time on the red and onyx air has gone up from 8-10 to 15-20 days now on the website in the uk

I wouldn’t use the UK as your barometer of stock availability... :D

This may be a stupid question, but why on earth would you want to cancel a Mavic Air order? Admittedly, DJI makes this a painful, difficult process, but the MA looks so fantastic I simply cannot imagine any reason under the sun for wanting to cancel your order.

This may be a stupid question, but why on earth would you want to cancel a Mavic Air order? Admittedly, DJI makes this a painful, difficult process, but the MA looks so fantastic I simply cannot imagine any reason under the sun for wanting to cancel your order.

WiFi.

That, for me, is the reason why.

I understand that. For the life of me, I just can't contemplate why DJI would fail to build OcuSync into this drone. It's so elegant and superior in every other way.

Reactions: mascot
It's really a shame, as I really want to give DJI more of my money (even if their customer service is absolutely some of the worst I've ever experienced).

Just... ugh.

I'm like a yo-yo. I've gone back and forth and almost bought it like 200 times today.

But the BOTTOM line is - when I fly my Mavic Pro I KNOW the chance of losing signal is so slim. With the Air, I'll always KNOW that there will be that lag, and a significant lack of range which = a significantly reduced potential of signal.

I look forward to reading REAL reviews/impressions from people here, but I'm absolutely bowing out, barring something outlandish happening.

Reactions: tegrevboy

I’ve cancelled twice w/ DJI both orders white version, 3rd order I want Black Onyx but worried about black absorbing heat and overheating a little quicker.

I understand that. For the life of me, I just can't contemplate why DJI would fail to build OcuSync into this drone. It's so elegant and superior in every other way.
Someone in the RCGroups thread noted that the smaller Air design can't tolerate the higher heat build up that occurs with OcuSync. A WiFi design apparently runs much cooler...

Last edited:
Someone in the RCGroups thread noted that the smaller Air design can't tolerate the higher heat build up that occurs with OcuSync. A WiFi design apparently runs much cooler...

that makes sense and its a good point... thanks for bringing that key information to this forum threads get pretty big over there i would of missed it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
susnzhe