DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone try these

Up here a set of four DJI Props cost over $24. and at $10. for 4, I quit buying DJI props long ago. I just run them for about 20 flights and toss them and put on a new set.

If cost is a factor then you would still be getting off cheaper buying DJI props and keeping them for 100+ flights. Throwing away props after 20 flights is crazy.

View attachment 17342

Picked these up for $14.99 for a full set and they run great.

No, i've never tried, those but i purchased these they are suppose to be a carbon fiber compound mix, i first saw them on a video and they are fairly cheap $5.69 for 2 and a lil over $11 for 4. They come in a package of 2 a left and a right, with some additional items, that make them worth buying. I'll post the link to the website where i bought them and the youtube video i first saw them on. the video is on the page of the website as well.

2pcs 1pair DJI MAVIC PRO Propeller Carbon Fiber Compound Quick Release Folded Hard Propeller Blade (with the Base)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm not missing the point. As I've said, DJI props are not even remotely available in my area and these were.
Where is this area that you can't get DJI props?

No one said there was anything wrong with DJI's props but these are exactly the same and work great. Where's the risk?
You keep saying that but in truth, you don't know.

Is DJI's plastic magical giving me a myithical protection because the say DJI on the box?

Well, that and hundreds of thousands of flight with them. But still, if your props are exactly the same and DJI's and cost the same, why not use DJI's props? Of course, answer to question above is important.

Looking at the first image in this post, the light is caught by one set of props, and the surface finish is all "mottled" looking, doesn't look like the same fit/finish as the OEM units to me....

Looking at the first image in this post, the light is caught by one set of props, and the surface finish is all "mottled" looking, doesn't look like the same fit/finish as the OEM units to me....

That is a picture on the box lol.

Reactions: NestleQuik
I think you're missing the point. There's nothing wrong with OEM props so why risk going off-label?

Because these just might offer something better, why knock something you have not tried !!! You do know dji farms out all componets same as apple etc right ?

Reactions: wayy510
I'm not missing the point. As I've said, DJI props are not even remotely available in my area and these were.

No one said there was anything wrong with DJI's props but these are exactly the same and work great. Where's the risk?

Is DJI's plastic magical giving me a myithical protection because the say DJI on the box?

Do you know these props are garbage and are risky because they don't say DJI on the box? Have you used them or inspected them? Do you have some sort of manufacturing insight that no one else does?

You've declared them risky with absolutely zero experience with them. Seems ignorant to me. By your logic, there should be no off brand on anything because it's to risky. I'm certain you have some off brand stuff in your house that didn't come with you original equipment.

Watch out, don't take a generic and cheaper medication as it's too risky.

Funny how you guys don't comment in the range or battery mod postings as risky but deem perfect copies of DJIs propellers risky.

Exactly, many clowns think they know everything, I have been making products since the 80's many of them use my own tooling my own mix and sourced plastic, also over the years at times have run items using shared tooling and materials just my own packaging. These props could very well be better or worse, only way to tell is fly them, people hating on this are just clueless lemmings. If they work for you great, great for sharing as many people might give them a shot and dig them, take the extra savings and apply towards an extra battery or what not. I have made drone props for past 5 yrs and NoT all injection molded props ( same brand and model) are made from the exact same material! Even the stock dji mavic props are not all made in the same factory as they have several suppliers for all parts, look at some posts showing cracks in other plastic parts, that's because the plastic is not the exact same from week to week, formulas change, temp during injection can change, the pigment added to the clear raw pellets can even cause issues at molding or later down the line, list of what if's is long !

All plastic is not the same ! These could be a tad stiffer or use better molds with less molding parting lines
Balance could also be of concern, and warranty will be void if you crash because of a propeller failure.

That aside, I read someplace that they fund the Vivitar props to be more flexible than DJI props, but since I'm never going to fly with them I don't know whether that's true or not.

Because these just might offer something better, why knock something you have not tried !!! You do know dji farms out all componets same as apple etc right ?
You're right. It should be called a Samsung iPhone as most of the memory, speakers, and I think the CMOS and processor are Samsung based.

Reactions: timmy1909
Everyone always debates non-OEM props, and carbon fiber props etc, but I'm wondering if anybody is making non-folding props for the mavic? Perhaps non-folding props could Ben are to be more efficient etc?

Reactions: Rbruz
I prefer originals.
They are dirty cheap and... Racing stripes!

But it says "improves efficiency and stability" right on the package. So they must be better than the stock DJI ones. ;)
And if they want to sale it in SEA they must add "also whitening your skin while hovering right above"

I also would like to see some "2 blade one piece" props for the MP. I can see the "pins" as a weak link in the design. Since adding weight to the props will shorten flight time (who knows how much?) for me the 3 blade option is out. I'm more concerned with flight time than speed. A one piece prop "could be made" lighter,and "could" increase flight time,how much,the world will have to wait and see. If they ever become available,at all? The pins just drive me crazy,and I'm constantly checking them,as I know that is the "weakest link" in the propeller,and made for "portability" instead of performance. A one piece prop would just have to be removed to store the MP,and it's a easy step to do. Plus that will also give you a excuse to look the prop over before installing it for a flight. (not a bad habit to get into).

Reactions: Rbruz and Masheen
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ