DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone use DaVinci Resolve?

ballerhe75

Reactions
What file format do you use for export? It seems some of the internet articles suggest jumping through many hoops to get this done. A simple way?

But what is the method? What screens/words? I did not find that method, and articles said MP4 was not available.

Thanks AeroJ.

But, I see the "Video" button, the "Export Video" check box, and the "Add to Render Queue"; but nothing else. I do not see the rest of your screen shot.

I have the same version as you.

What am I missing?

I downloaded it. After about 15mins I deleted it. Maybe it's me but I couldn't work any of it out. Couldn't even see where the time line was and any videos I dragged into it were never seen again lol then I seen it only works with 1080. So that's no good

Thanks AeroJ.

But, I see the "Video" button, the "Export Video" check box, and the "Add to Render Queue"; but nothing else. I do not see the rest of your screen shot.

I have the same version as you.

What am I missing?

The render que is on the far right. Hit "add to render queue" then click to highlight, and start render

The only other video editing software i have ever used was GoPro studio which is terrible. Divinci seems very easy to use for a beginner like me. I did watch a few videos on you tube to get started

I use it all the time. Watched a couple of YouTubes on it and was up and running in no time. It's a powerful, rich functioned product - between Resolve and Photoshop on my computer, I'm all set for video and imaging! That fact that it's free is even more amazing (things like noise reduction are only in the paid version, but the free version is amazingly rich in function)!

You do need a fairly powerful computer to run this stuff...particularly against 4K videos.

My screen looks just like the screen shot above. I'm running the free version of 15 on Win10 64-bit. I need to scroll down to see the stuff that's on that screen grab...perhaps you're just not scrolling?

I downloaded it. After about 15mins I deleted it. Maybe it's me but I couldn't work any of it out. Couldn't even see where the time line was and any videos I dragged into it were never seen again lol then I seen it only works with 1080. So that's no good
Google is your friend...there are HUNDREDS of very good videos from beginner to advanced on Resolve - most on YouTube. You do not need to "work it out"...just dedicate half an hour to watching entry-level videos and you'll be up and running with enough function to edit, color balance, and output a file ready for YouTube upload. It's not difficult...but it's not going to be intuitive ... you need to watch someone else use it ... Google and YouTube!

There’s a ton of YouTube videos on DaVinci Resolve for all levels and content. Now I just need to watch them and learn how to use it. I have had it downloaded the free version for OS X but haven’t taken the time to learn how to use it yet. Too much other things to do in my life at the moment. But it looks like a great editing platform.

It works with 4K. To my knowledge the main limitations between the free and paid version are surrounding H265/HEVC.

Complex editing programs are incredibly overwhelming if you just jump right in with no prior knowledge. It's the same for Photoshop, Premiere, etc. If you don't want to give up just yet, I think you will find that spending some time with YouTube tutorials will give you all the (free) education you need to be proficient in software like that. I think you'll find most are pretty intuitive once you spend a little time learning.

If you are looking for the simplest possible professional editing solution, that would be LumaFusion for the iPad - it still has a learning curve but it's extremely intuitive. Don't give up just yet - good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Inspirephil
I think the simpler editors like iMovie etc are great for just that, simple editing. But my prior experiences was that I progressed the app was the limitation, and then I had to learn a completely new one. But as said, if the goal is just to cut, color and title for the most part then you certainly do not need the more advanced ones. I do not know Da Vinci Resolve btw, just to make that clear. Might be great and some of the others are very expensive.
I have a student license for Adobe CC. What I like in this package is that apps like Photoshop, Lightroom, After Effects and Premiere work in a similar way. If you get familiar with one, the others are not that hard to learn. And they work well together.

It works with 4K. To my knowledge the main limitations between the free and paid version are surrounding H265/HEVC.

Complex editing programs are incredibly overwhelming if you just jump right in with no prior knowledge. It's the same for Photoshop, Premiere, etc. If you don't want to give up just yet, I think you will find that spending some time with YouTube tutorials will give you all the (free) education you need to be proficient in software like that. I think you'll find most are pretty intuitive once you spend a little time learning.

If you are looking for the simplest possible professional editing solution, that would be LumaFusion for the iPad - it still has a learning curve but it's extremely intuitive. Don't give up just yet - good luck!
I just purchased LumaFusion for my iPad and hopefully it’ll be a better solution for me. Regardless of the small price ($19.99) I am going to give it a try and see if it’ll work for me. I’ll still give DaVinci Resolve (free version) a try as well when I have time to sit down and watch all the YouTube tutorials. Anyway I thought I’d throw in my 2 cents!!
Happy flying my friends :)

Reactions: CanadaDrone
I just purchased LumaFusion for my iPad and hopefully it’ll be a better solution for me. Regardless of the small price ($19.99) I am going to give it a try and see if it’ll work for me. I’ll still give DaVinci Resolve (free version) a try as well when I have time to sit down and watch all the YouTube tutorials. Anyway I thought I’d throw in my 2 cents!!
Happy flying my friends :)

Good to hear - I think you will really enjoy LumaFusion. They have tons of video tutorials they offer for free, and there are also many others on YouTube. I use it to make videos while on vacation and the only thing it can't do (at this time) is distortion correction, so if you shoot in 10 bit D-log with the Mavic 2 Pro, you won't be able to correct the barrel distortion within the app. It can do virtually everything else though.

As long as you have a fairly recent iPad (ideally an iPad Pro) you will be good to go. The Apple Pencil works well with it too, but is not necessary.

They update the app regularly (it now has about 10 times the royalty free music available, for example) and their support staff is extremely responsive. Here are the forums if you are interested:

Luma Touch Support Forums - Index page

Reactions: Inspirephil
Good to hear - I think you will really enjoy LumaFusion. They have tons of video tutorials they offer for free, and there are also many others on YouTube. I use it to make videos while on vacation and the only thing it can't do (at this time) is distortion correction, so if you shoot in 10 bit D-log with the Mavic 2 Pro, you won't be able to correct the barrel distortion within the app. It can do virtually everything else though.

As long as you have a fairly recent iPad (ideally an iPad Pro) you will be good to go. The Apple Pencil works well with it too, but is not necessary.

They update the app regularly (it now has about 10 times the royalty free music available, for example) and their support staff is extremely responsive. Here are the forums if you are interested:

Luma Touch Support Forums - Index page
I already found the tutorial page but thanks for sending me the link.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
Does anyone have an issue with this program where the playback screen will start flickering green, then after a few seconds it goes all green as well as the clip pictures go all green as well. I think it's a computer issue because when I went to youtube that video screen was green as well but sound still works. I bought a iMac last year so I believe it's well capable. Just wondering if I needed to change a setting on my computer or whatever. I have the all the latest updates on the computer, and just barely downloaded Davinci Resolve last week, so that's up to date as well. In order for me to fix it I have to restart my computer then it runs fine for about 10 mins. and have to restart again. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

There is a big problem with davinci resolve, it's always export softer footage, whatever the export format (h265, dnxhr...). I don't know why. If i export in individual clip (in the export option), it's not softer anymore. It's a really weird issue.

So i use premiere pro 2019 now

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman