DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone use the MavMount for iPad?

Hey guys!

The MavMount:CS adapter for MavMount went on pre-sale today, and hopefully will ship within 7 days. Just need to finish a couple things and off to anodizing. Here's some pics of the final prototype.

20170718_094954-1.jpg 20170718_095306-3.jpg 20170718_095419-4.jpg 20170718_112420-1.jpg 20170708_093503-1.jpg CS-example.jpg

Reactions: Techstar
just ordered the dirtyjdesign mount for ipad mini 4. hope it works ok

Edit that..after reading all 17 pages im getting the mavmount..will order this week. How do you guys transport it when heading out for flights?

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerial West
Flying with the iPhone 7 (the small one) mounted below is proving difficult to do. It is hard to see, hard to touch options on the screen and also a pain as I get text messages. Also, I don't like not having any access to my phone while flying.

I have an iPad Air 2 and was thinking of justing it. I hooked it up tonight just with the wire and the screen seems so much better for flying. I was looking at this thing called the MavMount but curious what everyone thinks. It is pricey and for the version that fits the larger iPad Air 2, you have to pony up $20 more bucks on top of the high price already. It looks pretty solid though and wanted to see if anyone already uses one and what their thoughts are on it. Also, if there is any other mounts you recommend would love to hear about it.

My concerns with the MavMount is the location of the iPad and the antennas. Will it cause interference?
The Mavmount iPad mini are the way to go. Works great. Has perfect balance.

Attachments

• Mavmount 1.jpg
    Mavmount 1.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 70
  • Mavmount 2.jpg
    Mavmount 2.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 72

Attachments

• New Mavic Case.jpg
    New Mavic Case.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 34
Just a little pricey but it will hold all items needed in a hard case. I have had a soft case that I used a lot. It enabled me to not fold the Mavic each time I moved locations. But with travel I felt most safe with a hard case. As you can see I have cut a small area for the iPad mini to set in. See link below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M8HWEVW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Very nice looking case. Had the hardest time finding a case that had a spot for the MavMount as well. There is nothing "designed" for that but something that at least has the space for it with a good layout is helpful. I like the layout of this case.

Reactions: tony56shooter
Very nice looking case. Had the hardest time finding a case that had a spot for the MavMount as well. There is nothing "designed" for that but something that at least has the space for it with a good layout is helpful. I like the layout of this case.
This is what I do to accommodate the Mavmount in the case. I take the iPad mount off and store it in the small area to the left. Turn the Mavmount up side down and put New Mavic Case 2.jpg it in the slot it fits in. Works great. Sorry the photo is up side down.

This is what I do to accommodate the Mavmount in the case. I take the iPad mount off and store it in the small area to the left. Turn the Mavmount up side down and put View attachment 21225 it in the slot it fits in. Works great. Sorry the photo is up side down.
Sort of defeats the small footprint and water bottle sized portability of the Mavic. A full sized Phantom 4 Pro, in its gray, styrofoam shipping box, inside a fitted backpack takes up less room than your Mavic! ;)

Sort of defeats the small footprint and water bottle sized portability of the Mavic. A full sized Phantom 4 Pro, in its gray, styrofoam shipping box, inside a fitted backpack takes up less room than your Mavic! ;)
Like I said GadgetGuy, This is only for travel. Small semi hard case ships with luggage. It fits in backpack. You must be ready for anything. ;)

Reactions: SharpSkyFilms
Like I said GadgetGuy, This is only for travel. Small semi hard case ships with luggage. It fits in backpack. You must be ready for anything. ;)
I know. Same for the P4P. I just find it ironic that the demand for the aftermarket tablet holders, to replace a Smartphone with a larger tablet, turned the Mavic into an underpowered P4P with neither the range nor the image quality, at almost the same cost, as a P4P. I did it, too, and bought 5 different tablet holders for my Mavic to find the best one, but now the Mavic still gathers dust, and my P4P's are flown almost daily. They go everywhere the Mavic was intended to go, and are lighter and easier to handle with 9.7" iPad Pro mounted onto the stock P4P transmitter, which was also designed to properly handle a full sized iPad from since the P3P. I'm laughing more at myself than you! :cool:

I know. Same for the P4P. I just find it ironic that the demand for the aftermarket tablet holders, to replace a Smartphone with a larger tablet, turned the Mavic into an underpowered P4P with neither the range nor the image quality, at almost the same cost, as a P4P. I did it, too, and bought 5 different tablet holders for my Mavic to find the best one, but now the Mavic still gathers dust, and my P4P's are flown almost daily. They go everywhere the Mavic was intended to go, and are lighter and easier to handle with 9.7" iPad Pro mounted onto the stock P4P transmitter, which was also designed to properly handle a full sized iPad from since the P3P. I'm laughing more at myself than you! :cool:
Versatility. That's what this is. With a MP you can hike up a mountain with a minimalist bag, remote and your phone or you can put it in a bigger case with your MP, 5 batteries, iPad, water recovery system, MavMount, etc... I carried around my P3A for a year in a backpack that worried me when I got on a plane if I wasn't in the first couple of groups because it would not fit under the seat. With my MP I take everything in a hard case that still fits under my seat on the plane and I can also put it in a mole sack and go hiking. Can't do that with a P4...

This is what I do to accommodate the Mavmount in the case. I take the iPad mount off and store it in the small area to the left. Turn the Mavmount up side down and put it in the slot it fits in. Works great. Sorry the photo is up side down.
I basically found a spot to lay the tablet holder between items in the case. Kind of cramped though.

Attachments

• MP_blue.jpg
    MP_blue.jpg
    1,012.1 KB · Views: 37
Versatility. That's what this is. With a MP you can hike up a mountain with a minimalist bag, remote and your phone or you can put it in a bigger case with your MP, 5 batteries, iPad, water recovery system, MavMount, etc... I carried around my P3A for a year in a backpack that worried me when I got on a plane if I wasn't in the first couple of groups because it would not fit under the seat. With my MP I take everything in a hard case that still fits under my seat on the plane and I can also put it in a mole sack and go hiking. Can't do that with a P4...
I'm not much of a hiker any more. I let my P4P's do my hiking for me. With a 5 mile range, they can easily quickly climb mountains and return with stellar 100mbs 4K video footage, without the hassle. With a few tweaks, even the 500m ascension limit can be overcome while following no more than 400 feet above the terrain. I do fully understand your point. It's just, for me, the P4P became what I was hoping for from the Mavic, with far superior image quality, and much farther range and flight time. It also still easily fits under the seat on an airplane. I'll save my Mavic for trying to surreptitiously sneak a drone in, while looking like I have a small camera bag, so no one knows I am the guy with the drone they saw, like in the Blacklist episode! :D

Reactions: Dronebow
Also, MP = $999, while P4P is $1499. ;)

I'm not much of a hiker any more. I let my P4P's do my hiking for me. With a 5 mile range, they can easily quickly climb mountains and return with stellar 100mbs 4K video footage, without the hassle. With a few tweaks, even the 500m ascension limit can be overcome while following no more than 400 feet above the terrain. I do fully understand your point. It's just, for me, the P4P became what I was hoping for from the Mavic, with far superior image quality, and much farther range and flight time. It also still easily fits under the seat on an airplane. I'll save my Mavic for trying to surreptitiously sneak a drone in, while looking like I have a small camera bag, so no one knows I am the guy with the drone they saw, like in the Blacklist episode! :D
5 mile range? That's great! I thought they were the same as the MP. I did tweak my MP a bit and haven't had time to get out and do a lot of testing but performance does seem better. One thing I DO NOT MISS on the P3 was having to put the props on and take them off. What a pain. Love not having to do that and if I had a P4 I would have a larger case so as not to do that as well. Constantly amazed by what DJI makes..

Also, MP = $999, while P4P is $1499. ;)
I paid $1321 for my P4P's from B&H back in April when Amazon dropped the price for several weeks, and my investment in the various tablet mounts for the Mavic Pro remote exceeded $300! The best ones were the heaviest, and far heavier than the P4P remote. My takeaway is that the Mavic Pro works best with an iPhone 6+, for portability and convenience, which it was designed for.

5 mile range? That's great! I thought they were the same as the MP. I did tweak my MP a bit and haven't had time to get out and do a lot of testing but performance does seem better. One thing I DO NOT MISS on the P3 was having to put the props on and take them off. What a pain. Love not having to do that and if I had a P4 I would have a larger case so as not to do that as well. Constantly amazed by what DJI makes..
I feel you, as coming from the P3P where I had to leave my props on, and the P4 where I still had to add a transmitter mod and external batteries to get the promised flight time and range, the P4P is a dream come true! No external batteries to hassle with. No extra weight on the RC. It is the very first Phantom to deliver on the promised 4.3 mile range and 25 minute battery life, without any mods, except a windsurfer. I'm in heaven. The MP was perfect until the P4P came out 3 weeks later!

Looking for a hard case for the Mavic, MavMount, and an iPad Pro. Anyone? Bueller?

Yes, just a quickie yesterday as it was v windy. I wanted to check the new updates and the mavmount. The mavmount really was as solid as a rock. I too was worried about the size and weight but it's very well balanced and doesn't move at all. Very easy to hold.

Glad you're liking it... love seeing this feedback everywhere!

Looking for a hard case for the Mavic, MavMount, and an iPad Pro. Anyone? Bueller?

I modified my Nanuk 920 case to fit the extended jaw Mavmount iPad holder. I carry my iPad 9.7" in my laptop backpack, along with the DJI goggles, which I pretty much take with me when I use my Mavic.

IMG_9316.jpg IMG_9317.jpg IMG_9318.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji