DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone use Windows 10 Photo app for editing

chefred112

Reactions
Hey All!

since I'm a total newbie at this, I'm trying to do simple video editing, i.e. trimming and adding vids together and adding music. The only thing missing for me at this point is transitions between clips..fade outs, fade in's etc., for the life of me I can't find it in the photo app (creators update).... please let me know if this can be done. I want to do a few of these for practice before spending money on a real editor :) .

thanks..Fred

Reactions: sonof40
Windows 7 had a free MS program Windows Movie Maker.
Not sure about Windows 10. (I have 10 on my PC and hate it)

The W10 photo viewer, isn't really a video editor, it's a useful way to cut down a clip if for example there's a long bit recorded before you took off.
Somewhere on here is a list of free and paid editing software.

Vegas Pro (a Sony app now sold by Magix if I remember right) is an inexpensive editor ($69.99?) that has everything you'll probably want, and for me is very intuitive. I like it better than DaVinci Resolve (from Black Magic), which is a VERY powerful editor and FREE for downloading. I just find Vegas easier to use, less complicated for doing the basics. Resolve is fully featured and has a pay version if you want to go to the professional level, but it's pay once, no subscription like Adobe products that require an expensive sub and often get really messed up when they update (at least that's what happens with photo app Lightroom, I haven't used their video editor).
Vegas is PC only, Resolve is PC or Mac.

which is the easiest of the video editors to use...I downloaded the free Resolve which has a ton of features but for the life of me, this thing is so hard to use...even watched some youtube stuff on it and I still feel overwhelmed...guess i just need to practice with it...will check out Vegas Pro..thanks all..

Last edited:
I prefer Vegas Movie Studio, as it is far less complex than Resolve, which I'm still learning only because I need some of its more advanced features for more complex projects. There is a $49.99 version of Vegas available. I use the Platinum version which is $79.99. There is a free trial download you can use to see if it suits your needs.
VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum – Video editing software for beginners

You can see videos I've edited with Vegas at my YouTube channel Ken Wade

Reactions: chefred112
I use it ... but not for video. Works great for pics though. This is one of my pups (Rosco) that I used it on.
View media item 1743

Thanks HiKen, I downloaded the trial and it looks like I can follow the tutorial...am making a quick vid to see if I can put 2 clips together and added text and a transition...this might be the ticket!

Reactions: HiKen51
LOL...my 1st try at this...I just took a couple random clips I had, trimmed out some movement, added text and transition...I think this is a start,,,

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk