DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone used Drone Keeper Mini??

mcussell

Reactions
I have a mavic on its way and after reading some of the stories on here I thought I'd invest in some kind of recovery device.

I found this and it looks ideal. Essentially when it stops detecting motion after a set time it loudly starts beeping. So in the event of a crash in bushes or a large open area you can locate the drone using the sound.

Has anyone got one of these?

Here's the link if anyone is interested dronekeeper, drone keeper, mini

It cost me just over £20 delivered to the UK.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: WizDrone
I`ve got some DroneKeeper mini (stand-alone version with battery) in spare in Germany. I would sell them for 27€ + 6,20€ Shipping.

Essentially when it stops detecting motion after a set time it loudly starts beeping.
So what happens if your mavic is hovering. Does this thing detect no motion and start beeping? Really, with the Find My Drone function in the GO app, which can make the mavic flash its lights and play a sound, this Dronekeeper is kind of unnecessary.

I purchased 5 drone keeper mini's and the problem is that one of the components used is creating a magnetic interference. I purchased a device (cFixer) that is used to demagnetize drones to allow a better compass calibration and this device would not demagnetize the drone keeper mini.

Not sure what to do with the 5 that I have. If I we're to sell them it would probably end up causing a fly away.

I would recommend the new Tile Pro (not the older white one). The new one has better penetration to be seen.

So what happens if your mavic is hovering. Does this thing detect no motion and start beeping? Really, with the Find My Drone function in the GO app, which can make the mavic flash its lights and play a sound, this Dronekeeper is kind of unnecessary.

I think I'll start a new thread and tell everybody will.i.am said there's no use for a tracker because the go app can be used to make your drone flash lights and beep loud noises on command so you can find it!!
because this is a feature I have just got to learn about and should be very useful to everyone

I think I'll start a new thread and tell everybody will.i.am said there's no use for a tracker because the go app can be used to make your drone flash lights and beep loud noises on command so you can find it!!
because this is a feature I have just got to learn about and should be very useful to everyone
No need to start a new thread. Here is a video that explains the function.
What I said is that there is no need for a beeper like the Dronekeeper. Let's see -
Find My Drone function can flash lights, beep, and give me last known coordinates to locate my lost drone. And it is free.
Dronekeeper - it beeps and costs $20. Just don't ever hover your mavic because you'll set off the beeper.

I think if I need any more than the Find My Drone function, I will buy a real gps tracker.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I never got the 'find my drone'-funktion running on Android (Go 4.1.5) ... that's why I got interested in DroneKeeper mini initially and eventually ordered a couple of them in Korea. A couple of them in order to the high shippingcosts of 21$ - regardless if you order one or five of them (due to the fact that it has got it's own battery they only ship with fedex)! The plan was to share the shippingcosts by selling the spare beepers.

I'm using it on Mavic Pro and it works perfect - that the alarm would go off when the Mavic hovers is completely nonsense - the motionsensor is quite sensitive and even when hovering the Mavic is moving a little, at least enough to not trigger the sensor! Neither have I experienced any magnetic interference-issues as discribed above so far.

I just watched the video: the 'beeping' sound of the Mavic is a joke! You won't hear it in a louder sourrounding. Relying on Mavics GPS only: too inaccurate (at least with my device), most likely I wouldn't find the aircraft in tall grass, in a grain- or cornfield or in a forest.

Above all the 'find my drone'-funktion only works with a working battery mounted on the Mavic - if it crashes and the battery flies off or you have to land because of power-issues (batt empty etc.) it's not beeping at all!!

I'm more than satisfied with the dronekeeper (it's small, lightweight, you can easily mount it with velcro that it's detachable and you can use it with other modells as well) and I defenitly consider it a more reliable 'rescue-option' than all the DJI-onboard stuff (which is, I mentioned it, not working in my case!)
_droneke.jpg
Unfortunately it cost me lots more than 19$: shipping costs of 21$, importVAT, custom duties, advance comission charged by fedex .....

Thread resurrection:

I have used the DroneKeeper Mini on the DJI Mavic Pro and Air and my other (14 or so) drones since last summer, but it started acting up a while back, despite it never having been subjected to any abuse (direct hits from crashing, etc). Same issue that others have reported: you have to turn it on an off a few times to get that twin chirp and even then it will often fail to sound the alarm after 30s of sitting still. It will instead sound off when you start moving it... so likely an intermittent contact issue or something like that.
I read that this has been an issue with many of them, and could be the reason why they made the new DroneKeeper Micro.

Will contact the maker and see if they have a meaningful warranty, which I'm sure they will, as they seem like a serious company :)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev