DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone using Note 20 ultra ?

Oh, garbage!
I must be getting senile!
I don't know where I got s20 ultra!
My mistake but please let us know what you think.

ive Got the Note 20 ultra i used to use the trusty s6 worked every time but ive only got the standerd 3 inch mini c type cable at the min , im looking for a c type but to go into the usb longer as i think there is less errors that way, but l also have it in a case so could do with longer cable and external bracket holder for this, what will fit with a case on hopefully then i can test it out fully till then grounded, if anyone has any links to items could you share them many thanks

ive Got the Note 20 ultra i used to use the trusty s6 worked every time but ive only got the standerd 3 inch mini c type cable at the min , im looking for a c type but to go into the usb longer as i think there is less errors that way, but l also have it in a case so could do with longer cable and external bracket holder for this, what will fit with a case on hopefully then i can test it out fully till then grounded, if anyone has any links to items could you share them many thanks
I found the stock USB-C cable to be unreliable. I picked up another cable on Amazon that has worked pretty well. I went for the slightly longer version because I also bought Pgytech's Pad holder and it works great with my phone and my 8" tablet.

Reactions: swat9uk
Brill i will have a look around thanks originally i was going to use an ipad ect but that many dont work or not compatible ect il just get a larger phone

Let us know about your your experience with the s20 ultra when you get it, please.
Anything on the note 20?
The Note 20 Ultra has a bright screen, but it's not 1500 cd/m² bright. I'll have to take it and the Tab Active2 outside in the sunlight and compare them with each other. You get a much larger view from the Mavic's camera with a 3:2 aspect ratio device. The 19.3:9 ratio of the Note 20 Ultra gives you some serious letterboxing on the sides. You can see that in the pictures below.

I haven't had a chance to fly with it yet, but the Note 20 Ultra fits in the Pgytech Pad hold quite nicely. It sits a little off-center, but you don't notice it after using it. The cable just barely fits into the USB port. I have a case that makes that ridiculous camera bump flush, so the case is thick and that puts the port at the top of the slot in the holder. One bonus of the thick case, it's a little easier to get at the controls on the edges of the screen. Though not as easy as they are on Active2 because of the old school big bezels around the display.

It would have been nice if there was a horizontal adjustment for the phone/tablet holder. It's a little more centered if you rotate the holder 180°, but the slot for the cable is only wide enough on one side for the side mount cable and my cable wasn't long to use that. It's not a deal-breaker for me, the Pgytech is as simple as it needs to be and is very stable. I may just get a short USB-A to USB-C cable with straight connectors and try it that way.

n20u-1.png

n20u-2.png

Reactions: zeusfl
I thought the secret to getting the 1500 nits is to set the phone to auto brightness or something like that and than take it outside into the sun. Samsung doesn't want owners to manually set the brightness to max because it seriously impacts the battery life.
Does anyone know if this is true?
I can't remember where I read it, tho...

I thought the secret to getting the 1500 nits is to set the phone to auto brightness or something like that and than take it outside into the sun. Samsung doesn't want owners to manually set the brightness to max because it seriously impacts the battery life.
Does anyone know if this is true?
I can't remember where I read it, tho...
To get the maximum brightness, you need to have auto-brightness setting enabled and the display set to vivid. While I have not had a chance to use it with my M2P yet, I had it out in bright sunlight today and it was very readable at every angle. The Tab Active2 was also very usable in direct sunlight, but the N20U was brighter.

I seriously doubt that It does 1500 cd/m², not in real-world settings. It's not a slight against the Note 20 Ultra, I'm very pleased with it. And it's the brightest phone that I have seen. Which ultimately means more than lab benchmarks.

I have the note 20 Ultra with the Spigen clear case with kickstand. It fits fine in the MA2 controller, though off to the left for the buttons to clear the clamp. In my original MA controller, it fits with the case off however the USB C connector does not line up with the slot in the clamp, looking for alternate ways to mount it.

Let us know about your your experience with the s20 ultra when you get it, please.
Anything on the note 20?
I finally got around to flying with the Note 20 Ultra on a bright day. It worked fine and I was able to see the screen clearly at all times.

I bought a Note 20 Ultra on Wednesday and didn't like how it fit in the controller with a case. I drew up and printed this little mount to better hold the phone. It lifts the phone up at a slight angle for easier viewing. I can post it on Thingiverse or print it for anyone who doesn't have a printer.

Attachments

• PXL_20201009_111020384~3.jpg
    PXL_20201009_111020384~3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
  • PXL_20201009_111407456~2.jpg
    PXL_20201009_111407456~2.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 20
  • PXL_20201009_111517044~2.jpg
    PXL_20201009_111517044~2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 22
Reactions: psloan
I have a Note 20 Ultra with Exynos (european model) and it works like a charm. And yes, is very bright.
I found this phone to be the perfect match for the MA2 remote.

I have a Note 20 Ultra with Exynos (european model) and it works like a charm. And yes, is very bright.
I found this phone to be the perfect match for the MA2 remote.

I'm really liking mine, even with the sides cut off you still have a 6 inch diagonal view of the camera feed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201009-132608~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20201009-132608~2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 17
Reactions: d-rive
Exactly. I find this display/phone is most suited to the remote, dimensional and also functional.
Before of Note 20 Ultra i had an Samsung S8 wich was just ok.

Supposedly the screen can reach 1500 nits.
I initially used my Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra and found it reasonable for my MA2. However, I'm currently upgrading my device to my new Samsung Tab S7+, using a PGYTech Tablet Extender. Still waiting for a 1m cable and Adapter. The initial testing of Tablet looks good. The Ultra S20 Ultra is however a good unit if your eyes are younger than my 70 year old eyes. :)

Reactions: d-rive
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer