DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone using Note 20 ultra ?

I have Samsung Galaxy Tab7+, but is pretty heavy and the display has not the same brigtness as S20Ultra.
But i am very intrested about your results.

I have Samsung Galaxy Tab7+, but is pretty heavy and the display has not the same brigtness as S20Ultra.
But i am very intrested about your results.
If you want a bright Samsung tablet, go with the Tab Active models. They are more expensive, but are designed for outside use. I have the Active2 and between the wider aspect ratio and the size, it works better for me than the Note 20 Ultra.

Reactions: d-rive
How has the Note 20 Ultra worked so far in daylight conditions for you?
It works really well. The only complaint (and a minor one at that) is that the 19.3:9 aspect ratio is not optimal for the DJI Go app. My Galaxy Tab Active2 has a 16:10 ratio, which works better for flying.

Reactions: DroneToJoy
Thanks. And for viewing display in very bright conditions can you still use the Samsung note 20 ultra? They claim around 1500 nits but there seems to be a debate on how true this is in practice.

Thanks. And for viewing display in very bright conditions can you still use the Samsung note 20 ultra? They claim around 1500 nits but there seems to be a debate on how true this is in practice.
You can. The 1500 nits value is for short durations and under specific conditions. But I have no problem with the phone in broad daylight.

You can. The 1500 nits value is for short durations and under specific conditions. But I have no problem with the phone in broad daylight.
Thanks. Does the screen size also make any difference for you?

Thanks. Does the screen size also make any difference for you?
It means that you'll want a tablet holder adapter for your remote control. My phone would not fit in the RC's holder unless I took the phone out of the case. And I don't want to do that. And you'll want a slightly longer USB cable. With the holder, I can also use my Samsung Tab Active2, which is bigger and just as bright.

It means that you'll want a tablet holder adapter for your remote control. My phone would not fit in the RC's holder unless I took the phone out of the case. And I don't want to do that. And you'll want a slightly longer USB cable. With the holder, I can also use my Samsung Tab Active2, which is bigger and just as bright.
Cool. Did you ever look at the apple mini 5 as an option. This one also seems very popular.

Cool. Did you ever look at the apple mini 5 as an option. This one also seems very popular.
No. I already had the Active2 with 4G SIM card and it's brighter than an iPad. It's a ruggedized tablet and the touch screen can be used with gloves.

I have the S20 FE that also has the long aspect ratio. I just checked Go. Although I don't have an RC and AC connected, I was able to go into camera view and looks OK to me. The S20s have settings both global and per app to be in full screen or not. Default is auto.

I did but the mini 5 screen is not bright and the bezels are an eye sore. The note 20 is perfect for me though I still use a shade with it.

No. I already had the Active2 with 4G SIM card and it's brighter than an iPad. It's a ruggedized tablet and the touch screen can be used with gloves.
I wonder if this works with the Fly app and if the wifi only version supports gps, compass, etc. I don't see brightness listed on Samsung's site but sounds like it's at least 500 nits or more.

I wonder if this works with the Fly app and if the wifi only version supports gps, compass, etc. I don't see brightness listed on Samsung's site but sounds like it's at least 500 nits or more.
I've seen a few reviews listing the display brightness at 480 cd/m2 (nits). The Wi-Fi-only model should support GPS.

Does your Samsung active 2 display well in direct sunlight or do you need a hood for it? I'm looking at the active 3 or S7+ tablet more closely now as possible options. I'm not keen on having to use sunhoods.

Does your Samsung active 2 display well in direct sunlight or do you need a hood for it? I'm looking at the active 3 or S7+ tablet more closely now as possible options. I'm not keen on having to use sunhoods.
I haven't needed to use a sunhood at all. I've used my Note 20 Ultra in the sunlight more than I have used the Active2. It's just one less thing to carry.

I haven't needed to use a sunhood at all. I've used my Note 20 Ultra in the sunlight more than I have used the Active2. It's just one less thing to carry.
Thanks. Is the Note 20 Ultra screen very viewable compared to the tablet? I thought screen size might still be a little small for following clearly? I also heard the ratio of screen size is odd for the DJI Fly App.

Thanks. Is the Note 20 Ultra screen very viewable compared to the tablet? I thought screen size might still be a little small for following clearly? I also heard the ratio of screen size is odd for the DJI Fly App.
The Note 20 Ultra is very viewable outdoors in daylight. The aspect ratio is odd, but I had no problems using it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid