DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone using Note 20 ultra ?

I've been using an old S7 Edge for flying, and thought I'd try my Note 20 Ultra. Of course, in the Otterbox Defender case, it is like 3mm too wide to mount on the remote. :mad: Taking a Defender case off a phone is not something one wants to do with any frequency.

I've been using an old S7 Edge for flying, and thought I'd try my Note 20 Ultra. Of course, in the Otterbox Defender case, it is like 3mm too wide to mount on the remote. :mad: Taking a Defender case off a phone is not something one wants to do with any frequency.
Get a tablet mount, it makes it much easier to slip the N20U in and out.

If you want a bright Samsung tablet, go with the Tab Active models. They are more expensive, but are designed for outside use. I have the Active2 and between the wider aspect ratio and the size, it works better for me than the Note 20 Ultra.
Thanks for the endorsement. Saw the Active 3 was recently released.

Note5 is still my favorite phone ever and charged it up this weekend. Even the Note20 Ultra screen is unviewable in direct sun.
sprint is killing it off in January 1st , but now it is in court in cal. for T mob. for not extending it till 2023 . mine still looks brand new. Verizon offered 400 on trade in on a note 20 ultra. I just want to keep it secretly. it runs go4 like a ipad mini 5 perfect. this is the hardest phone to give up...

Reactions: awraynor
Note5 is still my favorite phone ever and charged it up this weekend. Even the Note20 Ultra screen is unviewable in direct sun.
keep in mind there are 2 types . the snapdragon and the Xs&Os (exnyos) the snapdragon doing better in heat . and the Xs&Os overheating and lagging behind

sprint is killing it off in January 1st , but now it is in court in cal. for T mob. for not extending it till 2023 . mine still looks brand new. Verizon offered 400 on trade in on a note 20 ultra. I just want to keep it secretly. it runs go4 like a ipad mini 5 perfect. this is the hardest phone to give up...
That's a great trade in offer. I finally quit mine when the battery wouldn't last a work day.

Have any of you had continued app crash problems on the note 20 Ultra?

I have a note 20 ultra and the Air 2s.

My fly app freezes the altitude and distance numbers, freezes the battery meter and time of flight left, freezes the compass (while it appears to be spinning, the relative position of home, the controller, and the aircraft do not change) the settings lock out, it puts itself into FPV mode, disables sideways flight, and frequently asks for firmware updates when I have no data signal while confirming I'm up to date whenever I'm connected to wifi or data, and on occasion the app closes itself.
Unless the app crashes and closes on it's own, with all other issues listed, I have to force close the app and restart it... Which gets me about 90 seconds of food flight before it happens again.

I've had several tickets open with customer care. The problem began after I used my first care refresh replacement. It started on the first flight with the replacement drone. I opened a ticket immediately. A week later, an error in the app caused me to have a minor crash that seemed to interfere with the gps. The support center asked me to send it in... Then they charged me $110 to fix it. I didn't use my care refresh on that occasion. I opted to pay for the repair.. then, they sent me a different drone. ?
third drone (second replacement), same issues.

I've sent videos. I've sent photos. I've pleaded with them.. their response...

"The altitude and distance are an approximation.

Uninstall and reinstall the app.

Send the drone in again. (Presumably so they can make more money from me to fix a bug in their programming.)

Get a new smart phone."

The last suggestion to get a new smartphone really boiled my blood.

Let me know your experience.

Thank you

Reactions: sharkface

My fly app freezes the altitude and distance numbers, freezes the battery meter and time of flight left, freezes the compass (while it appears to be spinning, the relative position of home, the controller, and the aircraft do not change) the settings lock out, it puts itself into FPV mode, disables sideways flight, and frequently asks for firmware updates when I have no data signal while confirming I'm up to date whenever I'm connected to wifi or data, and on occasion the app closes itself.
Unless the app crashes and closes on it's own, with all other issues listed, I have to force close the app and restart it... Which gets me about 90 seconds of food flight before it happens again.

I've had several tickets open with customer care. The problem began after I used my first care refresh replacement. It started on the first flight with the replacement drone. I opened a ticket immediately. A week later, an error in the app caused me to have a minor crash that seemed to interfere with the gps. The support center asked me to send it in... Then they charged me $110 to fix it. I didn't use my care refresh on that occasion. I opted to pay for the repair.. then, they sent me a different drone. ?

Send the drone in again. (Presumably so they can make more money from me to fix a bug in their programming.)

Get a new smart phone."

Thank you
Change the screen resolution to 1080p.

Get a new smart phone."

Thank you
Make sure it's the tab/ phone and not the drone. I think older run of the mill devices that run android work better as what Youtube drone valley said. It take a while for DJI to make an update for so many phones that require new O/S. All the time. Good luck!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cht6688