DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyway to manually turn on the led lights from the controller?

Antoniocool

Reactions
Hello all. Just got my mavic pro yesterday and I've lost it. I believe I can find it in the dark if I can make it light up some of the leds. Anyway I can make it do that? Thank you

Sorry for your loss... you can turn on the led lights on the fore arms from the dji go 4 app. And also you can use find my drone function to locate it and make it beep

In the "Find My Drone" section of DJI GO, you can tap the red aircraft symbol on the map and then tap "Smart LED" to flash the LEDs on the Mavic. That'll only work if the Mavic is still powered on though.

DJI-GO-Find-My-Drone.jpg

If you haven't found your Mavic yet, then check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains where your Mavic landed/crashed. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Reactions: Antoniocool
In the "Find My Drone" section of DJI GO, you can tap the red aircraft symbol on the map and then tap "Smart LED" to flash the LEDs on the Mavic. That'll only work if the Mavic is still powered on though.

View attachment 35553

If you haven't found your Mavic yet, then check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains where your Mavic landed/crashed. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.
Thank you that's exactly what I need! I know roughly where it is I think it's in one of 2 trees but I can't see it so I'm hoping at night I can turn on the lights and see it .I'll report back

Thank you that's exactly what I need! I know roughly where it is I think it's in one of 2 trees but I can't see it so I'm hoping at night I can turn on the lights and see it .I'll report back
It looks like you are hoping the power will still be on a whole day later. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but even if your battery was at 100% when it got up there, I highly doubt it will still be on 24 hours later. I hope you find it and good luck.

It looks like you are hoping the power will still be on a whole day later. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but even if your battery was at 100% when it got up there, I highly doubt it will still be on 24 hours later. I hope you find it and good luck.
I'll go look for it now maybe I can make it beep and I could narrow down where it is. Thank you

I'll go look for it now maybe I can make it beep and I could narrow down where it is. Thank you
You can't make it do anything: Its battery is, by now, surely dead.

Since you seem to know, rather precisely, where it's located it's just grunt work at this point.

Mike

Reactions: QuackerDamus
wnqkfCR.jpg

The great thing about a battery mod (hardwired) is that it will stay on even after the main battery has shut off.

Tree landing happened after the left front arm folded back in flight. 9x4.5 props and a Thunderpower 4500HV external battery.

Tree landing happened after the left front arm folded back in flight. 9x4.5 props and a Thunderpower 4500HV external battery.
How does an arm fold back in flight? I guess you mean it hit the tree and folded back?

We got it. My brother in law climbed the ladder and knocked it out with a pole and I caught it from the ground in its shipping box with the air filled bags in it so it didn't get more damage. All is well just one propeller broken from hitting the tree. Now I know how to light it up for next time I lose it in low light. Thank you all

Don't know if it's any help or not but I have my button on the back of the controller set to turn the LED's on and off.

There is a setting in the options to turn the lights on or off as well. The setting of the button that I explained is just a shortcut of doing it.

Haha! Good luck with that. You better start climbing.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WinstonH