Join Us Now

Apache 3800

RUFFSTUFF

RUFFSTUFF Media
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.ruffstuffmedia.com
So following the lead of those who have gone before me...

I picked up an Apache 3800 from Harbor Freight for $30, which is a great deal. I then set my foam up for my Air 2S and accessories the way I wanted. Seeing what others had done, I then proceeded to spray my foam with PlastiDip. 10 coats, right?

But then I went too far.

Heavy coats? Nooo!

I ended up overspraying the PlastiDip on the top layer of foam to the point that, when it dried, it made the foam shrink all around. I hated the way it looked and it didn't work as well becuase now instead of being a good fit, all the spaces were now a bit too small. So, sure, messed it up, go replace the foam. I found several options online for replacement foam, and every single one of them were as expensive or more expensive than just going to buy a new 3800.

So I bought a new 3800. And a 2800 for my wife's DSLR.

Hopefully I won't mess it up this time.

And then, right after I posted this, another thread here pointed out a way to find the replacement foam from Harbor Freight for $16.

#soclose_but_sofar

• Haha
Reactions: WildDoktor
So mine is not the harbor freight box but the same type of pick and pluck foam, I plastidip sprayed the foam but only 5 coats, it worked pretty well.. DJI FPV

Attachments

• IMG_5374.JPG
    IMG_5374.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 34
Reactions: RUFFSTUFF
thank you i like the idea have been looking at them for 2 or 3 years now just didn,t have the nuts
Well, if you're interested in the best deal and have one near you, Harbor Freight has the 3800 on sale for $30 until 6/24. Which basically means you can get 2 3800's for less than 1 4800, which is a few inches larger.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada