DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

APAS and ActiveTrack 5.0 Tests Starting to Show Up

Hiflyer808

Reactions
This review in Spanish features a fairly in-depth look at APÁS and ActiveTrack 5.0, and, looking almost as good as the Skydio 2! Exciting!

I was testing out the obstacle avoidance yesterday and compared it with my Mavic 2 pro and its a night and day difference in how well the Mavic 3 can navigate around obstacles. I have a huge tree next to my house and I took both drones and had them both fly towards my house. The Mavic 2 Pro first started to move to the left to avoid the house but then started to move into the tree and the M2P just stopped and didn't move as it couldn't figure out how to get around my house and tree. The Mavic 3 on the other hand started to move up to avoid the house about 20ft sooner than the M2P and as it was approaching the tree it stopped climbing vertically and started to bank to the left for a few feet and then found its chance and then climbed vertically to navigate around the house and tree, Might I add it did all this while also navigating around some stray tree limbs as it was climbing vertically as well.

I was extremely impressed how well it handled that and this was all within a few seconds, So I cant wait to see what the 2022 firmware brings.

I guess some people have the beta of Active Track because they have been assigned as testers by DJI? That is looking very promising as well. Finally being able to track from in front, or from the side without worrying about obstacles. Skydio 2 killer?

This is actually much, MUCH better than the Skydio 2. It starts obstacle avoidance much sooner than Skydio 2, and is far more nimble in bypassing obstacles as the video shows. I've flown both and the difference is VERY noticeable. No wonder Skydio has lowered their price by $400.

On a parallel note, I'm guessing Skydio has a newer version coming out soon (Skydio 3?) to up their game and catch up or exceed Mavic 3 because their $400-off gimmick says "until supplies last."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun