DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

APAS not activated during RTH?

Debel

Reactions
Hi guys,

Yesterday I tried just out of curiosity, how the drone would react if it meet obstacles during RTH where the distance is within the limit where the drone do not climb up to RTH height, but just starts RTH from current height. To my surprise, the APAs is diabled during RTH, and when the drone meet an obstacle (small hence), it simply just stopped and I got the information that RTH not possible due to obstacles on the route. I mean, this is case was just for fun, but what if the RTH kicked in because of remote control run out of power, and the drone is on the other side of a fence where access is not possible? The obstacle avoidance with APAS could have been overcome this easily with just raising the altitude with a meter or so.. Strange that this is not working. I believe i have seen som videos on Youtube where the old Mavic Pro actually are able to figure out to come home, even with obstacles at the RTH route.

Also saw another video where a MA1 was following the path on the way out, to be able to find a secure route home.. I am wondering why none of these approaches has been incorporated into the MA2 software.

Have you guys noticed somehing similar?

Hi guys,

Yesterday I tried just out of curiosity, how the drone would react if it meet obstacles during RTH where the distance is within the limit where the drone do not climb up to RTH height, but just starts RTH from current height. To my surprise, the APAs is diabled during RTH, and when the drone meet an obstacle (small hence), it simply just stopped and I got the information that RTH not possible due to obstacles on the route. I mean, this is case was just for fun, but what if the RTH kicked in because of remote control run out of power, and the drone is on the other side of a fence where access is not possible? The obstacle avoidance with APAS could have been overcome this easily with just raising the altitude with a meter or so.. Strange that this is not working. I believe i have seen som videos on Youtube where the old Mavic Pro actually are able to figure out to come home, even with obstacles at the RTH route.

Also saw another video where a MA1 was following the path on the way out, to be able to find a secure route home.. I am wondering why none of these approaches has been incorporated into the MA2 software.

Did you check your settings in the menu? APAS gives you the choice of stopping and hovering or bypassing the obstacle.

Hi there..

Yes, APAS is by default turned on with the setting "bypass".. In normal flight this work like a charm, but for some reason it is diabled during RTH... And again, strange because it was working on the old Mavic Pro..

Hi guys,

This is why you set your RTH height so that it avoids any obstacles in your intended flight area.

Reactions: evtide
This is why you set your RTH height so that it avoids any obstacles in your intended flight area.
Yes but in the manual it says that the drone will backup then ascend to avoid the obstacle.... I typically just set my RTH height to. 200ft but it is disappointing if RTH doesn't work as intended.

Well - I just had this exact thing happen, and I was in BYPASS and the drone gained significant elevation to get over an obstacle on the way back to me.

ps: It is extremely easy to set BYPASS, then accidentally tap the OA icon and switch it to BRAKE, and not notice. The OA icon is way too close to the takeoff icon.

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest