DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

APAS

Sheppie

Reactions
Should APAS and obstacle detection both be enabled at the same time.

Correct

For a Mavic 2, obstacle avoidance will stop the flight and hover in place if it detects an obstacle. With APAS on, it will attempt (but does not always succeed) to continue to fly up and over (or around an object) that it senses in the way. I would guess the same is true on a Mavic Air 2. If it is unable to determine a way around the obstacle, then APAS will also stop in place.

Even though enabling both will help with tracking, be aware that without top and side sensors the drone will not know if it’s going to collide with anything.

Even though enabling both will help with tracking, be aware that without top and side sensors the drone will not know if it’s going to collide with anything.

Good point. With The mavic 2 (Zoom or Pro) we have sensors all around, so APAS would be safer than with the Mavic Air 2

Always nice to know that we have read the manual people in the audience. No need for forums then.
Those who at least try to understand find great help here. Those who don't even try are never satisfied.
That's all I'm sayin', ain't sayin' no more.

Last edited:
I'm out, no progress to be made.
I personally would much rather come to this forum to find out about questions that I may have. Did I read the manual? I went over but I did not memorize it. I enjoy coming here to chat with MOST people and to share ideas. Everywhere you go though you seem to run into jerks. Have a nice day.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gebert94403