DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aperture not working in Auto exposure mode.

luchi11

Reactions
When everything is on, the DJI Go 4 app shows the F stop at zero. All photos are overexposed. I can switch to manual mode and it works fine. Also, I don't know if this is related but drone is stuck in manual focus and can't switch over to auto focus. Usually, restarting relsolves the issues but not anymore. Any suggestions?

When everything is on, the DJI Go 4 app shows the F stop at zero. All photos are overexposed.
F stop = zero ??
That makes no sense.
How about a screen shot?

For your overexposed photos, post one of the original, full-sized jpg images and perhaps the metadata will have some clues.

Does aperture or shutter priority work?

F stop = zero ??
That makes no sense.
How about a screen shot?

For your overexposed photos, post one of the original, full-sized jpg images and perhaps the metadata will have some clues.
Here is screen shot showing the F stop at zero and the Manual focus unable to switch over to AFC. Both seem to be correlated. While I was turning it off and on again, the F stop and the Focus started to work. Weird glitch? As you can see, the screen exposure looks good but the image that is produced is overexposed. I appreciate your help!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220424-085235.jpg
    Screenshot_20220424-085235.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20220424-091011 working.jpg
    Screenshot_20220424-091011 working.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 8
  • DJI_0306.JPG
    DJI_0306.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 6
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    16.3 KB · Views: 8
Here is screen shot showing the F stop at zero and the Manual focus unable to switch over to AFC. Both seem to be correlated. While I was turning it off and on again, the F stop and the Focus started to work. Weird glitch? As you can see, The screen exposure looks good but the image that is produced is overexposed. I appreciate your help!
That's interesting ... not something I've run into before.
There's definitely something wrong with the metadata showing f/0 and also a focal length of 0mm.
The full metadata might have some other values missing too.
The first thing that comes to mind is to suggest resetting the camera settings to default to see if that clears the issue.

That's interesting ... not something I've run into before.
There's definitely something wrong with the metadata showing f/0 and also a focal length of 0mm.
The full metadata might have some other values missing too.
The first thing that comes to mind is to suggest resetting the camera settings to default to see if that clears the issue.
I'll try that. I think I'll redownload the Go 4 app also. Thanks for at least taking a look.. I'll keep you posted if I figure it out.

I'll try that. I think I'll redownload the Go 4 app also. Thanks for at least taking a look.. I'll keep you posted if I figure it out.
The app probably isn't the problem ... I'd reset the camera first to see if that helps.
Here's where to find it in the app settings:
i-XQzg6q8-L.jpg

Reactions: luchi11
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica