DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apologies if this a stupid question RE goggles

OBSALAM

Reactions
Hi, flying a M2P and bought the RE goggles so I can include the wife sometimes. I also picked up the RE camera package cheap to mount to my E-Revo2 RC car. My mate mentioned FPV racing drones and reckoned the Goggles should connect, do DJI do such a drone and if not would I be able to bind a FPV drone to the M2P controller?
Apologies in advance if I’m being a bit unrealistic.

Hi @OBSALAM no question is stupid here . . . well, within reason :)

Do you mean you purchased the DJI AIR system ?

It will work FPV with all sorts of models / aircraft, many use it is the built FPV racing style drones.
But usually you bind them to the FPV transmitter, however DJI also make an FPV transmitter, part of what they call the DJI FPV system.
The usually sell this with the DJI FPV goggles though, not the RE.

I'm not sure if the M2 controller (don't think it would) be able to bind with such systems.
Digital vs analogue.

Good luck finding out if this will work, not many would have tried this, I would think.

Reactions: OBSALAM
Hi, flying a M2P and bought the RE goggles so I can include the wife sometimes. I also picked up the RE camera package cheap to mount to my E-Revo2 RC car. My mate mentioned FPV racing drones and reckoned the Goggles should connect, do DJI do such a drone and if not would I be able to bind a FPV drone to the M2P controller?
Apologies in advance if I’m being a bit unrealistic.
You can connect the air unit to the goggles RE but it has more latency than is acceptable for racing. You cannot use the M2 remote with a racing drone and you wouldn’t want to because you need a remote with a trim-able throttle and mapable buttons or switches.

You can get the DJI FPV goggles that connect to that air unit and is suitable (actually the best there is) for FPV racing. There is a DJI FPV remote but it’s overpriced and not as good as other remotes that can also work with the air Unit and DJI FPV goggles.

Reactions: OBSALAM
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada