DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apologies to NickMV - Mavic ABSOLUTELY 100% Visible at 1640ft!!

Feel like we hijacked this thread. But what part of the country you in?
Yeah we did but it's Friday night and we're the only 2 on here! haha Just sending you a PM. Lexington, KY! Via Colorado, California, Hawaii, Arizona, Washington and Ohio! :) You?

I like Glock and have some. Not my favorite though. Just find it ironic when people compare the two and even more ironic when a drone enthusiast tries to compare. Amazing how narrow minded people in general can be. But again, make me choose, I want my guns. But I also get the laws and abide. That's where drone guys need to gall in.
I dunno. I think it's a pretty good comparison.

Q: You got Sig P229 EE on one hand and the Mavic Pro on the other. Which do you prefer?
A: [a la Joey from Friends] Put your hands together!

For reference:

BTW, I'm taking my MP next time I go shooting. My friends owns a lot of land in the canyons. Should be great aerial footage.

Reactions: hookalakupua
The science was about resolution. Which means in eye chart parlance, you would indeed be able to tell that the Mavic is an X. What you and I see when we are looking at your tested distance is a lot less identifiable as a discreet shape and is just a dark spot in a light sky. I was able to see my Mavic even seeing the arms at 1680 feet out and 300 feet up. A straight line distance of about 1700 feet. It was late afternoon with the sun behind my back, the Arizona sky crystal clear. And my eyes suck at 74 years old. Crazy part is with no wind, no background noise and no real sound absorbing materials in between just desert sand, I could just barely hear the Mavic too. Especially if I made it move not just hover. I think some of that has to do with being a hunter at a very young age. When in the woods your brain learns to isolate odd sounds not those that are usually pretty constant in the forest. You can hear deer walking for example. And those suckers are very quiet.
That right there is some experienced wisdom and old sage input! Spot on about hunting and senses becoming heightened.

Thanks for the input as truly appreciated.

On another note, how long until MP's with thermal cameras are used for hunting. Completely illegal but just watch. Guys will be unfortunately using them to find out where they've bedded down.

I dunno. I think it's a pretty good comparison.

Q: You got Sig P229 EE on one hand and the Mavic Pro on the other. Which do you prefer?
A: [a la Joey from Friends] Put your hands together!

For reference:

BTW, I'm taking my MP next time I go shooting. My friends owns a lot of land in the canyons. Should be great aerial footage.
Are you kidding me! How do you even remember that to make that reference??!!! The funniest thing I've heard all year. That was brilliant!!! P.S. Glock 17/19 or Sig Legion P226 9mm. Get rid of that P229 Crap and the post is perfect. ;)

I'm starting a new thread now. Lets see what kind of traction it gets combining the two. :)

This is def on my to-do list, just waiting for that one weekend where somehow it isn't 95F. Might get one weekend over the next 3 months where that happens.

This is def on my to-do list, just waiting for that one weekend where somehow it isn't 95F. Might get one weekend over the next 3 months where that happens.
You must be in arizona! :) Would love to see that video if you get a chance.

Are you kidding me! How do you even remember that to make that reference??!!! The funniest thing I've heard all year. That was brilliant!!! P.S. Glock 17/19 or Sig Legion P226 9mm. Get rid of that P229 Crap and the post is perfect. ;)
I prefer the compact over the full size even though my hands are on the larger side (XL size gloves). And I wish I could afford the Legion ...

Anyway, it's gonna be 105+ for the next 2 weeks here so combining the two is no good for now. I'm hoping for some 90 degree days in July so that I can capture some shots.

That right there is some experienced wisdom and old sage input! Spot on about hunting and senses becoming heightened.

Thanks for the input as truly appreciated.

On another note, how long until MP's with thermal cameras are used for hunting. Completely illegal but just watch. Guys will be unfortunately using them to find out where they've bedded down.
I do not think they would be illegal for feral hog hunting, they are using thermal cameras from choppers (if you can afford it) and I have a couple thermal scopes.. could be a great tool for clearing the swine out of the lower 40 states that are infested.

I do not think they would be illegal for feral hog hunting, they are using thermal cameras from choppers (if you can afford it) and I have a couple thermal scopes.. could be a great tool for clearing the swine out of the lower 40 states that are infested.
Weaponized drone hunting! That would be a blast. :)

So do you guys think that the Mavic can carry and trigger my Aero M5 .308 ? Should be able to mount it so the camera looks through the scope, right?

So do you guys think that the Mavic can carry and trigger my Aero M5 .308 ? Should be able to mount it so the camera looks through the scope, right?
Not a chance in Hades; however that is a mighty fine weapon you have. I have a KA M110 that I am proud of.

Last edited:
Well I'm here not to say that we were all absolutely wrong!

You guys really need to proofread your posts before and after you hit the POST button.

There are so many posts in here where the actual point of a post or critical info gets lost because of errors like this.

I'm not saying the grammer has to be perfect, but at least make sure your point is clear. It's confusing and almost comical!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+