DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

App Album Removal

airbuspilot

Reactions
With DJI Fly 1.4.12 there is now an App Album. "Android 12 requires data generated by an app to also be stored within the app." As a result, I have 40 GB of videos in the App Album and another 40 GB of the same videos in my phone album. How do I turn off App Album? Duplicating 4K 60 FPS video goes through phone storage like there is no tomorrow. The previous versions of DJI Fly allowed the 40 GB of video to be deleted from my phone and then I could view the cached video (low res) weeks/months later within DJI Fly. Now if I wish to free up phone storage by tapping "Clear Album Data", the App Album gets wiped out. That DJI album within DJI Fly was the only way for me to quickly review cached drone pictures and videos. Now for me to review cached drone pictures and videos, I have to scroll through Google Photos to stumble across the backed up low res videos. How can I view cached drone pictures and videos all in one place?

How can both sets of video be the same videos with the same total storage size with one set being low resolution and the other presumably not? Or am I misunderstanding you?
Why not just look at the videos on the drone's memory card?

With DJI Fly 1.4.12 there is now an App Album. "Android 12 requires data generated by an app to also be stored within the app." As a result, I have 40 GB of videos in the App Album and another 40 GB of the same videos in my phone album. How do I turn off App Album? Duplicating 4K 60 FPS video goes through phone storage like there is no tomorrow. The previous versions of DJI Fly allowed the 40 GB of video to be deleted from my phone and then I could view the cached video (low res) weeks/months later within DJI Fly. Now if I wish to free up phone storage by tapping "Clear Album Data", the App Album gets wiped out. That DJI album within DJI Fly was the only way for me to quickly review cached drone pictures and videos. Now for me to review cached drone pictures and videos, I have to scroll through Google Photos to stumble across the backed up low res videos. How can I view cached drone pictures and videos all in one place?
Did you work it out?

You said the videos were both in the app and in the phone album. Now you say you exported from the app, and what that does is put it in the phone album... so it wasn't there yet or you wouldn't have needed it.

You said the videos were both in the app and in the phone album. Now you say you exported from the app, and what that does is put it in the phone album... so it wasn't there yet or you wouldn't have needed it.
I see where you would be confused. Let me explain.

Prior to DJI Fly v.1.4.12, the "download" icon saved the drone photos/videos to your device's media folder.

DJI Fly v.1.4.12 and subsequent versions changed the "download" icon logic. Let's say that you recorded a 3 GB video. Tapping on "download" icon now saves the video to your device's folder AND to the DJI Fly app album. This is an issue for those who record large file size videos.

I discovered the fix: tap on the "export" icon.

This does the same thing as the "download" icon on DJI Fly app versions prior to v.1.4.12. The 3 GB video is now only saved ONCE - to your phone's media folder.

I hope this makes sense.

Reactions: mavictk
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada