DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

App issue

Doecliff

Reactions
Im having an issue with the mimo app. On my andriod device it wont exit the tutorials and go to the camera screen so i can change settings etc. i was able to finally activate the osmo pocket with my android phone but it was a pain. I put the mimo app on my ipad mini and it works perfectly. I have an LG phone. Anyone else having issues?

I have an LG G6 and I've found similar issues with mimo. However, once it was registered and opened, it is now connecting properly. It does go to the advertisement videos when I touch it the wrong way, but if I am patient and hit the little icon on the top left, and wait a second, it does go to the app again.

Reactions: Doecliff
Mine was the same but I got it working for like a day but now it won't work with the app anymore. Anybody having the same issue?

I searched the DJI forums on this issue and it seems that its a common problem depending on what phone you have. I haven't tried mine in a few days but am hoping that a firmware update eventually solves the issue. Until then I am forcing myself to learn how to use the osmo pocket without the app. Its not ideal but then using the camera as a stand alone device is kind of one of the nice things about it. I ordered the expansion kit so I can connect with Bluetooth or wifi but even then its not perfect because the osmo won't fit into its holder with the wireless device attached.

I searched the DJI forums on this issue and it seems that its a common problem depending on what phone you have. I haven't tried mine in a few days but am hoping that a firmware update eventually solves the issue. Until then I am forcing myself to learn how to use the osmo pocket without the app. Its not ideal but then using the camera as a stand alone device is kind of one of the nice things about it. I ordered the expansion kit so I can connect with Bluetooth or wifi but even then its not perfect because the osmo won't fit into its holder with the wireless device attached.
I don't think you have to go without. When it acts up, I just disconnect and reconnect the Osmo and it seems to right itself. Try that and see if it has something to do with the start up sequencing. I have found that my Mavic is just as finicky. You need to do things in the right order for everything to synch up. Getting to know how to use the Osmo without the app is probably a good idea, but hopefully, you won't have to.

- Gary

Yeah there are huge benefits with the app. This osmo has a lot of tradeoffs. Great form factor, compact, excellent stability, many special features and modes. But to take advantage of everything it has to offer you need to connect your phone to it making it less compact. My biggest complaint hasn't happened yet. In a year or two an improved version will come out and I will want to upgrade.

I reinstalled the mimo app and now everythings works kinda ok. Still having the tutorials still nagging me..lol

New Year's Eve I tried to use the Osmo and Mimo app to take some videos. I couldn't get the app to come off of the intro videos - plus I could see the Osmo reconnecting over and over again. I restarted both the phone and the Osmo - turning both completely off and still couldn't get it to connect properly. It just kept cycling and attempting to reconnect unsuccessfully. The Osmo worked fine without Mimo, but not connected to my phone.

I was also connected via bluetooth to our stereo system and was using Spotify to stream music for the party. On a hunch, I disconnected the bluetooth connection and voila, Mimo connected to my Osmo and the app went straight to the viewport and I was up and running! I could not run Mimo when the receiver was connected via bluetooth!

From what I can know, there should not be any connection between the USB connection and a bluetooth connection. Any idea why this is the experience I'm having?

So after reading up and some more fiddling around im convinced my problem is with the USB type C connector and not the app or my phone. Sometimes it will connect right up with the app and go to the camera screen and other times it sees that I have connected to the phone and it will open the app and go to the default tutorial videos but not allow it to connect any further. I have a higher success rate when I remove my phone from the case. If I use my ipad mini there is never a problem. I have the expansion kit on order and am hopeful that the wifi/bluetooth device works better for me. I have been using the camera a lot without the app and have been getting decent results but the capabilitys are so much better with the app.

So after reading up and some more fiddling around im convinced my problem is with the USB type C connector and not the app or my phone. Sometimes it will connect right up with the app and go to the camera screen and other times it sees that I have connected to the phone and it will open the app and go to the default tutorial videos but not allow it to connect any further. I have a higher success rate when I remove my phone from the case. If I use my ipad mini there is never a problem. I have the expansion kit on order and am hopeful that the wifi/bluetooth device works better for me. I have been using the camera a lot without the app and have been getting decent results but the capabilitys are so much better with the app.
Then I had quite the coincidence in that turning off the bluetooth connection suddenly cleared the problem and reconnecting it recreated the problem! The connector is definitely a weak spot. the osmo moves around quite a bit when connected. It feels a bit insecure in the slot for certain. Not the best design. Not sure how the expansion kit will help you for hand held photography, as it will be very awkward to hold both the phone and the osmo while shooting...and not be able to let go of the osmo to touch the screen. Anyway, I hope DJI pays notice and resolves the issue.

I usually have Bluetooth and wifi off on my phone and only use them when i need them so they are not likely causing my connection problems. your right, the Bluetooth device wont make things any easier but if I can connect, change some settings then close the app the osmo will supposedly hold those last settings. Not great but better than nothing. Going on a family trip to SanFrancisco next week, will do Alcatraz, pier 39 etc. Should be a good test for the osmo without the app. I will take my hero 7 as well.

I reinstalled the mimo app and now everythings works kinda ok. Still having the tutorials still nagging me..lol

In case you haven't discovered this already, the Mimo/Firmware minor update ( V1.01.02 ) seems to have fixed the nagging tutorial video. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998