DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

App not connecting to my drone

Michel-NL

Reactions
Heya,

I took my drone out for a spin, and followed the instructions by turning on remote first, then the drone, and then launching the application. For some reason, I opened the app, but it did not connect to my drone, so I was not able to see any flight information on my screen. I had it plugged in the right way. On my first flight it worked just fine, about a week ago, and nothing changed in the meantime.

I was able to fly the drone just fine with the remote alone, but don't I need to app to change all my settings etc? I'm still in the "learning the basics" phase with my mavic.

I've tried searching for a solution but haven't come up with anything that actually worked, so hopefully I can find some insight here. Thanks!

Open up your flap where the SD card is and toggle the switch once or twice. Return to original position.

I was trying out an $80 Walmart tablet last night (Huawei T3 and it was returned right away, slow POS) and it wouldn't connect either, I toggled the wifi switch above the SD card a few times and the app finally connected. Worth a shot for you anyways.

You should also mention the device u have the Go app installed on. The guys here are pretty sharp and am sure they will get ya sorted.

First, iOS or Android? Makes a big difference.

Please don't fly if the app won't launch. You lose a lot of your ability to fly the drone without the app.

Connect in this order: Don't connect the phone to the controller. Turn on the controller. Turn on the drone. Once the controller connects to the drone, plug in the phone. Launch the app if it does not launch.

I've done both naturecone and tcope's suggestions, and I reinstalled the app on my iPhone. It worked! Not sure what it actually was that made it work, but all that matters is, is that I got it to work.

Heya,

I took my drone out for a spin, and followed the instructions by turning on remote first, then the drone, and then launching the application. For some reason, I opened the app, but it did not connect to my drone, so I was not able to see any flight information on my screen. I had it plugged in the right way. On my first flight it worked just fine, about a week ago, and nothing changed in the meantime.

I was able to fly the drone just fine with the remote alone, but don't I need to app to change all my settings etc? I'm still in the "learning the basics" phase with my mavic.

I've tried searching for a solution but haven't come up with anything that actually worked, so hopefully I can find some insight here. Thanks!
Hello Michel,
I have had similar experiences with my UMI-Z phone. BUT my Galaxy S6 works perfectly every time. After much heartache with the Umi, I finally resolved the issue by doing a factory reset on this phone. Now it too works every time. Incidentally, the UMI has a history of not always being recognised by Windows 10. Again a factory reset resolved this issue.

Like my RC helicopter, I find the app works best if I switch on the Mavic first, then the RC with the phone already on. So despite the rantings of some on this site I believe that the fault does not lie with DJI but with your phone. The Mavic is not a piece of cr*p as some have alleged. In my view it is technically brilliant and apart from the difficulty linking to my Umi, I have had no problems at all with the hardware or the updates. Well done DJI!

Last edited:
Yeah they've done a good job at creating a drone that is easy to travel with, whilst packing a punch. I'm still a rookie and have a giant learning curve ahead of me but loving every minute I'm in the air.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78