DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

App wont connect please help!

dorseyrt

Reactions
Hello I have flown my mavic pro probably 100 times with my Note 8 android. Yesterday, the app wouldnt connect to the RC. RC connects fine to the Mavic. typically this resolves by resetting my phone, trying a different cord, powering on and off... I have tried all of these, also uninstalled the app, every combo of powering on RC/mavic/app then connecting. Nothing seems to work. Was working fine the day before and had no issues/crashes or anything. Now it simply wont connect. Other than trying to launch the app on a different device, which I dont own or have access to currently, can anyone think of anything else to try? Thanks!! Really dont want to lose it to customer service for a month cause I have trips upcoming

Yea thats the only port I have ever used because the cords that came with my mavic did not have a usb-c. I have used multiple cords though, all used to work, now none do. Nothing changed with my phone so I am doubting thats the issue also. worked perfectly fine the day before then nothing. It used to not connect occasionally but all I would have to do is restart my phone or something similar. Now I have done everything I can think of 10x each and still nothing :(

Yea thats the only port I have ever used because the cords that came with my mavic did not have a usb-c. I have used multiple cords though, all used to work, now none do. Nothing changed with my phone so I am doubting thats the issue also. worked perfectly fine the day before then nothing. It used to not connect occasionally but all I would have to do is restart my phone or something similar. Now I have done everything I can think of 10x each and still nothing :(

Have you switched off all the other apps running on your phone ?

Can you check if your usb c port on the the phone is still working, can you connect it to a pc or something ?

As a precaution I would re-link the RC to the AC, using the second method

Can you connect the phone to the AC directly without using the controller, this would then eliminate DJI Go 4 as the cause.

thanks for the replies, I have tried it with all apps closed, turned my phone onto airplane mode, and the phone will connect to a computer. Occasionally when plugged into the RC a screen will pop up on my phone reading "incomplete connection, Make sure the charger is properly connected" this could be the culprit but idk how the port on the controller would not be working? no damage done to it and had worked fine 12 hours earlier...

Maybe i should do a factory reset on the phone? Kind of sucks to lose all the pics/apps/videos when yo do those though

I used to have this before I sold my Mavic Pro.
I found I had to use the USB port under the controller with my own iPad USB cable, rather then the side port with short cable - this seemed to fix it for me.....

I am gonna try to reconnect the RC to the AC, the only cords I have now are usb to usbc, or usb to micro usb, So i am not sure how I would link the phone directly to the AC

Your Mp might have had an update or your Note? I’m actually surprised your Note connected to yours, as I have a an Older Note 8 and tried connecting that with no luck. I ended up getting a Mini4 and an IPhone 7+ , both with 128GB ( I have 11K +pictures ). The Go4 app uses a ton of space and power to run, and a lot of older tablets can’t keep up. Try your phone and if it works, you need a different monitor.

Reactions: vertrider
I was referring to my note 8 as in my samsung galaxy note 8 sorry for the confusion! so only a 5 month old phone... had worked on it everyday til 2 days ago

Delete the Go app and reinstall it. Though what it displays on your RC is strange... check with a light to see if anything looks jammed in the usb connector ports.

Reactions: Fanbelt
Delete the Go app and reinstall it. Though what it displays on your RC is strange... check with a light to see if anything looks jammed in the usb connector ports.

I tried deleting the app and reinstalling, I also tried to figure out how to do a firmware update just in case on the app but it is not giving me the option to. It was flying fine with the same exact set up the day before though. no Crash or hard landing or anything. the usb port on the remote looks fine and it feels secure and connects smoothly when plugged in. when the phone is connected to RC it will display an "incomplete connection" pop up on my phone. But the phone connects fine to a computer with the same cord. phone charges fine as well. Im lost as to what else to try other than a factory reset on the phone I guess...

Have you switched off all the other apps running on your phone ?

Can you check if your usb c port on the the phone is still working, can you connect it to a pc or something ?

As a precaution I would re-link the RC to the AC, using the second method

Can you connect the phone to the AC directly without using the controller, this would then eliminate DJI Go 4 as the cause.

hmm using the c1 c2 method and tried linking the remote to the aircraft and could not get it to the "ready to go" display on the remote, still reads system warning, see app...

is there anyway to do a firmware update when the app is not connecting to the controller? Ive tried dji assistant but cant figure it out on there either. I was thinking maybe it needs a firmware update but this doesnt make sense as the culprit cause it was flying 12 hours earlier...

I think it has to be the usb port on the remote. I plug my phone in with any other device using same usb c cable and it works fine. however, When I plug into the RC it says "incomplete connection, please check charger" on my phone screen. I dont have any idea how the usb on the RC would have been damaged or anything along those lines but really trying to avoid dealing with DJI and losing my drone for a month :(

Make sure you have the assistant 2 download. You can connect the drone itself to check the firmware. It should pop up on your Assistant 2 app when you connect.
If you wait a little longer, you’ll get somebody way smarter than me to give you directions.
You look in the pockets of your MP bag for a cord? The drone should of came with a few cords. I have the FM package though.

Make sure you have the assistant 2 download. You can connect the drone itself to check the firmware. It should pop up on your Assistant 2 app when you connect.
If you wait a little longer, you’ll get somebody way smarter than me to give you directions.
You look in the pockets of your MP bag for a cord? The drone should of came with a few cords. I have the FM package though.

lol thanks i appreciate any advice/opinions cause im clearly lost. i am having problems with even figuring out how to get the dji assistant to download/work. downloaded it and it thinks I have an Inspire. Seems like i am always trouble shooting stuff despite never crashing or doing anything wrong. I just want it to work!!

Reactions: Jimmytpi
lol thanks i appreciate any advice/opinions cause im clearly lost. i am having problems with even figuring out how to get the dji assistant to download/work. downloaded it and it thinks I have an Inspire. Seems like i am always trouble shooting stuff despite never crashing or doing anything wrong. I just want it to work!!

To connect to the DJI Assistant the MP needs to be turned on, then it will be recognised.

Then the same with the controller it has to be on as well when you plug it into the PC

Then you can do a refresh of the firmware of both the RC and the AC and also reset to factory defaults

The screen should show up on on his tablet either way... I think he’s got a hardware issue (connector or connection) and he’s going to figure that out to see what the craft issue is too. There seems to be several issues here.

The screen should show up on on his tablet either way... I think he’s got a hardware issue (connector or connection) and he’s going to figure that out to see what the craft issue is too. There seems to be several issues here.

I think something has to be wrong with the remote control USB port. My phone reads "incomplete connection, please check charger" when plugged into the remote. However, phone and usb cord works fine with any other device and never shows this pop up. I am going to try a new device today to rule out whether or not its my phone. I just don't understand how the remote port would stop working. especially when it did 12 hours earlier with no issues and all the same equipment was involved. The RC does connect to the AC but on the actual RC screen instead of "ready to go" or "atti mode" it reads "sys error see app". The problem then being that I cant see anything at all in the app other than the grey screen and the disconnected in the top left. I am going to give DJI assistant another shot too if trying a new device yields no helpful info. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs