DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apple id

fredbjor

Reactions
Hi!

Sorry abit new to Idevices... Have an Iphone and now allso an Ipad(2017). Should I use the same apple ID, or not?

I use the same Apple account for all of my Apple devices. It'll be harder to keep track of everything if you create separate Apple accounts. You'll also have to buy any paid apps for each of your Apple accounts.

Reactions: BogSpores
I got help from the store. The thing that worrys me was that my phone should be filled with my kids games... But as I said problem solwed.

Always use the same Apple ID on all your Apple devices, You will get used to it quickly and you really don't have to type it in that often with touch ID working. And very important " DON"T FORGET YOUR ID AND PASSWORD" like some of us have done in the past, not mentioning names but it sounds alot like mine!

Your Apple ID syncs you across devices when using the same Apple ID, that way your calendars, contacts, notes, bookmarks will sync between devices.

You can setup family sharing, for your kids to have their own Apple ID, they need to be 13 years old

When you set up your new iPad, log into your Apple account when prompted. It will then show you a list of your existing devices, and ask which one you want to copy to your iPad. In your case, it will only show your iPhone. Select that and it will effectively make your iPad a copy of your iPhone. If you then download an app to either device, it'll also appear in the other. However, if you delete an app from one device, it will remain on the other one.

As others have said, you shouldn't use separate Apple IDs, unless they're to be used by different people.

Last edited:
As others have said, you shouldn't use separate Apple IDs, unless they're to be used by different people.

Just a heads up guys.
I have two friends who got into trouble using shared accounts it must be a silent epidemic, so know what your getting into.

Friend number one was married for over 15 years and decided to buy himself a new iPhone. He set it up himself and had no clue about iClouds sharing system. To make a long story short, as soon as he transferred his backup from itunes onto his new phone it started to transmit all of the stuff in his phone to his wife's phone. Including text messages, photos and emails.

Needless to say they soon ended up a in very expensive divorce. It was not that he was cheating on her. It was a whole bunch of small stuff were he had told his other friends stories about arguments they had and how he felt about what she had said. You would be surprised how small harmless comments can become a dagger to the heart when two years worth of them are compiled together.

Friend number two who is younger and has a very nice looking girl friend, came to me about 3 months ago asking me to setup a new iPhone 7 for him. I said "I don't want what happened to our mutual friend #1 to happen to you, so let me turn off the iCloud."

He said, no my girl friend has her own account and I want my stuff backed up. So I said ok and left the iCloud stuff and text sharing stuff on.

Two days later he calls me in a panic. How the hell do I turn off this iCloud Sh.t.

I asked him what happened! He said that his girl friend was over his house and she started to use his ipad. She had finger print access. He left the house and another girl started to text him. Anyway it got steamy and he said he came home in a Jovial mood only to find his GF all upset. She had been monitoring all the text messages in real time on his iPad!

So be very careful when you put multiple devices on the same account, make sure all the iCloud and sharing stuff is turned off. I have no idea why Apple turns it on by default but it gets a lot of people into trouble. It may be your own secondary device that gets you into hot water

An article that I found: Cheaters: This is how you're going to get caught

Rob

Last edited:
My iCloud wasn't about cheating, but having my wife and sons apps sync with my iPhone constantly...drove me insane! Now, we all have 6s' with separate iCloud accounts...problem solved! And, we celebrate our 26th year anniversary this June!... ;-)

My iCloud wasn't about cheating, but having my wife and sons apps sync with my iPhone constantly...drove me insane! Now, we all have 6s' with separate iCloud accounts...problem solved! And, we celebrate our 26th year anniversary this June!... ;-)
You can setup family sharing. That makes everyone's purchases accessible to everyone in the family.

Thanks for the info! Yep, you're absolutely right and I did finally figure out the family sharing function and now use it regularly... I believe my issues occurred when I first bought iPhone 3s' and iPhone 4's (before they added family sharing?) I'm probably wrong, but back then it was a nightmare! :(o_O:)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasperskyy