DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apple iPad Air 2 10.5 inch

From my entry into this hobby several years ago, I have used an iPad as a flight monitor. First an Air 2 and now a 10.5" Pro. Back in the Air 2 days, I did purchase a sunshade, but overall, I found it cumbersome to use, and after doing so several times, it has since not left my backpack.

IMO, either flying from a shady spot or using your upper torso/head to shade the tablet works the best. You may not be able to see fully clear detail of the Live View in bright sunlight, but this is where the proper use of the histogram and a familiarity with best camera settings comes in. In the end, the little SD card in the copter does not know if you have a sunshade or not.

The one I bought is similar to this: https://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Suns...&keywords=ipad+sunshade&qid=1588153216&sr=8-3

There is also the Hoodman here: Amazon.com : Hoodman Aviator HAV3KIT Sunshade Hood Base Plus Extender Kit iPad Pro 12 Inch Tablets : Camera & Photo With this however, I don't really see the difference between it and wearing goggles, other than maybe a faster transition time.

Reactions: Jiker69
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdjtutt