DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apple lighting nightmare

MGVision

Reactions
OK guys i know i am stupid and so on but i have my first device from apple - ipad 2018. And here it is - lighting connection issue. How are you transfering your videos and pictures from mavic too apple phone/ipad. You are using special adapter? Can you show me which one?

Last edited:
OK guys i know i am stupid and so on but i have my first device from apple - ipad 2018. And here it is - lighting connection issue. How are you transfering your videos and pictures too apple phone/ipad. You are using special adapter? Can you show me which one?
What do you mean by lighting?

Well, you're probably just holding it wrong (sorry...I just had to). :)

Ok, number one... If you're just talking about transferring video from the SD card directly to the iPad, then yes, you'll need an adapter for that :) Just search on Amazon and you'll find a ton of them. Now if you're just talking about connecting an iPad to the remote, then you can use the full size USB port on the controller to connect the iPad up. Just make sure you don't also have a cable in the microUSB port on the side.

Reactions: MGVision

Ok, number one... If you're just talking about transferring video from the SD card directly to the iPad, then yes, you'll need an adapter for that :) Just search on Amazon and you'll find a ton of them. Now if you're just talking about connecting an iPad to the remote, then you can use the full size USB port on the controller to connect the iPad up. Just make sure you don't also have a cable in the microUSB port on the side.
Yes i just want to transfer videos for example from my pendrive to ipad.
Can i use usb c too usb adapter and connect it from one side to mavic 2 directly and from other side to cable which i get from my ipad? And will i be able to transfer videos and pictures at this case.
I just want to use my ipad to enhance a little bit my content.

Last edited:
Yes i just want to transfer videos for example from my pendrive to ipad.
Can i use usb c too usb adapter and connect it from one side to mavic 2 directly and from other side to cable which i get from my ipad? And will i be able to transfer videos and pictures at this case.
I just want to use my ipad to enhance a little bit my content.
Just a thought..... have you actually tried to connect between your Mavic & your iPad using the supplied DJI cable and the Apple USB to Lightning adapter? You’ll be pleasantly surprised!

How come people no longer seem up for trying out things nowadays??

Reactions: rfc
Just a thought..... have you actually tried to connect between your Mavic & your iPad using the supplied DJI cable and the Apple USB to Lightning adapter? You’ll be pleasantly surprised!

How come people no longer seem up for trying out things nowadays??
Yes i know but i need this Apple USB to Lightning adapter and i dont have it :)

Ummm every apple product comes with a lightning cable. How else do u charge it?? Am i missing something here. Plug it into ur controller and DL the photos/videos. Very simple.

Ummm every apple product comes with a lightning cable. How else do u charge it?? Am i missing something here. Plug it into ur controller and DL the photos/videos. Very simple.
No, that wouldn’t work. The video and photos are stored in the drone, not accessible via the RC.

Reactions: MGVision

^^^^This is the correct answer. Why would you want to do it using a cable when it can be done wirelessly?

No, that wouldn’t work. The video and photos are stored in the drone, not accessible via the RC.

In the words of panto...”Oh yes they are.”

In DJI Go 4, go into the editor, into the video you want and click download full. Mavic must be powered on, obviously. Simples.

If I get time I’ll make an instructional video.

In DJI Go 4, go into the editor, into the video you want and click download full. Mavic must be powered on, obviously. Simples.

Ding ding! Tell him what he has won Johnny!

This is the correct correct answer. Surprised it took so long to show up:D
If you don’t know, better to save the bandwidth for those who do.

Last edited:

Oh know they don’t! Well, not for all video. If you’ve recorded at at higher than 1280, the files won’t transfer via WiFi from the drone through the RC

Ahhhh, my bad! I was reading this thread in the ‘New Threads’ view and didn’t spot the the MP2 header - doh! I’ve relayed how it works with the Mavic Air, sorry for any confusion!

Last edited:
Ding ding! Tell him what he has won Johnny!

This is the correct correct answer. Surprised it took so long to show up:D
If you don’t know better to save the bandwidth for those who do.
You sure have a way with words!

WiFi? Nope, M2 doesn’t connect via WiFi, just via Ocusync 2.0.
Ahhhh, my bad! I was reading this thread in the ‘New Threads’ view and didn’t spot the the MP2 header - doh! I’ve relayed how it works with the Mavic Air, sorry for any confusion!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout