Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

APRIL FOOLS

B52-D

Reactions
FAA Planning ‘Do What You Want Day’ For Drone Pilots

Will Ground All Manned Flights For 24 Hours
Aero-News April 1 Special Edition
The FAA has announced it will issue a nationwide TFR for all manned airplane flights on April 1 to allow drone pilots to fly as high, far and fast as they want … just to get it out of their systems.

“We’re going to just let it be the Wild West out there for a day,” said an FAA insider not authorized to speak to the media.

Drone pilots will be encouraged to fly their aircraft in all kinds of weather conditions, near buildings and other structures, and to the limits of their batteries … all without the risk of a collision with a manned aircraft.

“If a pilot wants to see if he or she can make it to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back on one battery, go for it,” the source said. “But if not, that’s one less drone that we have to worry about.”

And that, in fact, is the underlying reason for the exercise. “Truthfully, we had a meeting and determined that the more of these things we can get to crash on a single day, the easier it’s going to be to eventually integrate them into the NAS. So when the carnage clears and we clean up the debris, only the responsible drone pilots will be left to deal with.”

ALPA said it supported the idea, even though it would cost airlines millions in lost revenue. “The only thing better would be to outlaw the **** things entirely,” said one airline pilot who spoke on the condition of anonymity. “What do you call 100,000 drones in pieces on the ground? A start,” she said.

FMI: www.faa.gov

i could be wrong i thought most civil aircraft were grounded at least in the UK there are no flights from all the major airports at the moment all they need to do is relax the movement of people to allow us to go fly and we can have our day of fun (sorry just woke up nice dream though)

Here's our day to shine. It's still fun, even following rules. Go out there and be a pilot! Just do it wisely...

I never realized there was so much free floating drone hate out in the world until just now reading from this forum. If this is the range of comments for this forum I'd say I need to restrict the attention I spend on this forum. In the meantime, I'm going to go back to what I was doing before reading this material. Just gonna Go Fly. P.S. It is non -sense to write we shouldn't fly our drones in this covid 19 world. That's one of the best reasons to go out and buy one- it is an activity you can and should do alone until you start becoming adept with the machine. Can't believe the one post I read saying its time to put away our drone and go back inside to stay alone. ( Mod Removed Langage )with you!! I'll go outside, stay alone and fly my drone. What's the difference if your inside or outside as long as your alone, or with your family if you have one. Just go Fly and have fun with it. It's the best reason in the world to go out and spend $!K on a past time we can do during this covid 19 crazy world. Amen and halelujah for the Mavic Drones out in the world. Urahhh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never realized there was so much free floating drone hate out in the world until just now reading from this forum. If this is the range of comments for this forum I'd say I need to restrict the attention I spend on this forum. In the meantime, I'm going to go back to what I was doing before reading this material. Just gonna Go Fly. P.S. It is non -sense to write we shouldn't fly our drones in this covid 19 world. That's one of the best reasons to go out and buy one- it is an activity you can and should do alone until you start becoming adept with the machine. Can't believe the one post I read saying its time to put away our drone and go back inside to stay alone. ( Mod Removed Langage )with you!! I'll go outside, stay alone and fly my drone. What's the difference if your inside or outside as long as your alone, or with your family if you have one. Just go Fly and have fun with it. It's the best reason in the world to go out and spend $!K on a past time we can do during this covid 19 crazy world. Amen and halelujah for the Mavic Drones out in the world. Urahhh.

James are you kidding ?
The whole thread is related to the title (April Fools), and is all nothing but tongue in cheek humour.
Only the original post had some 'drone hate' text, but that last para was a totally fabricated joke.

Dang it! Today is the 8th and I missed it. I guess I'll have to wait til next year to try taking those cloud top pictures. :(

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S