DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are Chinese Companies Spying On Us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, Google, Facebook and the banks wield great power but they are also public corporations monitored by state and federal regulators and subject to US law and court jurisdiction.
Haha. That slap on my wrist stung.

Reactions: jagraphics
Sure, Google, Facebook and the banks wield great power but they are also public corporations monitored by state and federal regulators and subject to US law and court jurisdiction.
If you think these corporations are being regulated properly or even have a thread of conscience, you should look up what have been found in the banking royal commission in Australia. Our big banks have been scamming their customers for years, charging fees and commission for no service, even those that have died. Unless relatives inform them that their customer have passed away, they'll continue charge the dead for services like 'financial advice'. They already know a lot of information about us, but they'll use them however they please if they can make a profit.

Facebook? This Facebook?
Senators Threaten to Regulate Facebook Unless It Makes Fixes
Most likely, the data on my phone or drone does not hold "the key to global domination." At least not since I erased my last SD card! But, do you really think that is the moral or legal standard by which all third party data collection should be judged?
I wasn't suggesting a moral standard.
I was just challenging the standard ludicrous and paranoid idea that DJI is somehow going to get or use any information from anyone's drone or phone.

The only information DJI is concerned about on the consumer space is how many of their products their customers have purchased and how many more they are willing to purchase in the future. They don't really care where you fly and what you do with your drone. They are interested in whether you'll buy the next one.

ABSOLUTELY!! Why do you think there’s so many satellites up there. They’re not all just for the Weather Channel!! Every country on the planet has satellites and they’re looking down at all of us in some way, shape, or form. Don’t be so naive, the human condition is such that no nation trusts what the other ones are doing.

yes the chinese spying on the United States of America. and yes they are gathering info from every source they can.
our government is in the stone age on cyber warfare compared to the communists.
as for drones. if they are (and can you think of a better way to get info) then they are in info overload. heck the best tracking device is the cell phone. and we line up, pay huge bucks to get them implanted to us.
and this is one reason why drones are forbidden around "special" places.
even a piper cub airplane will not get much if any damage from a consumer drone. passenger jets. will just brush it aside and not even know it.
then nuke plants, etc.
but as for photos of these places. the spy probes in orbit have already done a great job for this.
and yes they have the computers and raw man power to sift through most of it in almost real time.

Wonder when the the Army surplus DJI drones going to hit the market? Should be some good prices if they ever do, but more likely they will be incinerated due to any data they still contain onboard.

i bet a lot of grunts would love to have them used in target practice.

No one has commented on the access the Assistant 2 could give them to everything on our computers.

If you want to be really paranoid ... Forget about the DJI Drones - where do you think Apple iPhones are actually assembled??? The components may come from all over the planet, but it's FoxConn (no relation!) in China where they are assembled and shipped from as finished articles. Why play around with DJI Drones when you can get into a very high proportion of both the Drone and Phone user-base by loading the iPhone with spy-tech ...

Reactions: JDawg
"The American Army has also banned DJI because they are concerned that the data is streamed back to China. "

I think I read somewhere this is not true. Anyway, everyone is spying on everyone.

I think it is true. Not my worry because nothing I film is confidential or for most people, even interesting. No, I don’t film even near military installations or infrastructure (dams, electric grid nodes, etc.) which could be rich targets.

I wish we had a good American or Western made alternative to DJI at a reasonable price, but I am not aware of any.

One key point I haven’t seen raised is that in China, the government effectively has a controlling stake in all businesses.

This means that even if DJI only gathers data with the intention of using it for growing / improving their business, if the Chinese military decides there’s value in that data, they’ll simply connect to DJI’s servers and mine all the data for anything they like. There’s no court order or request needed, because their laws say the government is part owner of every Chinese entity.

At least in the US, the law says the government has to request access or get a legal court order (after supplying evidence and justification of its need and scope).

Individual businesses doing unscrupulous things with the data they collect is still punishable by governments and lawsuits, but a foreign military having direct access to all the data and telemetry of tens of thousands of drones flying around an adversary country is priceless for them.

Reactions: Silverthorne
That's a shame - Huawei make really good kit! It's also a shame that while we are pushed to looking in that direction we don't notice how Facebook and Instagram are being used by Foreign Government backed agencies to influence voting in Democratic Elections and Referendum's (we are actually seeing the memo's about Facebook now - but we just have 'concerns' to go on with Huawei) ... So - lets ignore those threats to democracy and our way of life, and stoke up the paranoia so we can buy non-Chinese made goods at higher pries and lower quality! - which is where this is all going ... Rant over ... :mad:

What’s really concerning is the use of facial recognition. The airlines are starting to use it for check ins and soon will proliferate social media. What little we have left of privacy will soon be gone. Ironically we have done this to ourselves; and most are ignorant and jaded of the consequences.

Reactions: Silverthorne
If It helps.... All governments spy on each other and their own people. ALL internet companies and companies with connected devices "spy" in one form or another on their customers. It is just the degree of "spying" and what they do with it. That is quite appart from the agressive hackers be they state, company, organised crime or lone hackers (or a couple of students) its al the same.

BTW there are no good guys.

Reactions: JDawg
If It helps.... All governments spy on each other and their own people. ALL internet companies and companies with connected devices "spy" in one form or another on their customers. It is just the degree of "spying" and what they do with it. That is quite appart from the agressive hackers be they state, company, organised crime or lone hackers (or a couple of students) its al the same.

BTW there are no good guys.
Summed up nicely.

Hi,

So New Zealand has banned Huawei....:

Is it possible that the Chinese government is really spying on people and government organisations?

New Zealand banned them under pressure from the US gov. Same for Australia. Britain, again under pressure from the US, warned Huawei.

Is it possible that the Chinese government is really spying on people and government organisations you ask? Well, let me ask another question; is it possible that the US gov is really spying on people and government organisations? My memory is still fresh from the Snowden revelations, and I remember well that the US gov had (and probably still does) a back door to tons of products made by US corporations that allowed them to spy on the world at the hardware level. The US gov had (and probably still does) an operation that would intercept shipments of equipment and install software/malware or alter hardware. These were not shipments for the bunch in the caves of Afghanistan and Pakistan. The US gov listen in on the German chancellor and other world leaders friendly to the US, foreign businesses and organizations. The US gov bugged the offices of the European Union in the US AND Brussels The US gov bugged the UN. Shall I go on?

There is no question that the Chinese gov is spying. The only question is how the information might be used. And when it comes to that, I trust the US gov as little as I trust Russian, Chinese or British gov.

New Zealand banned them under pressure from the US gov. Same for Australia. Britain, again under pressure from the US, warned Huawei.

Is it possible that the Chinese government is really spying on people and government organisations you ask? Well, let me ask another question; is it possible that the US gov is really spying on people and government organisations? My memory is still fresh from the Snowden revelations, and I remember well that the US gov had (and probably still does) a back door to tons of products made by US corporations that allowed them to spy on the world at the hardware level. The US gov had (and probably still does) an operation that would intercept shipments of equipment and install software/malware or alter hardware. These were not shipments for the bunch in the caves of Afghanistan and Pakistan. The US gov listen in on the German chancellor and other world leaders friendly to the US, foreign businesses and organizations. The US gov bugged the offices of the European Union in the US AND Brussels The US gov bugged the UN. Shall I go on?

There is no question that the Chinese gov is spying. The only question is how the information might be used. And when it comes to that, I trust the US gov as little as I trust Russian, Chinese or British gov.

Sorry, are you saying that you trust the US government less than China and Russia?

If so are you a Communist?

Sorry, are you saying that you trust the US government less than China and Russia?
If so are you a Communist?

I think he is saying he trusts the US, UK Chinese and Russian governments about the same.
I would agree with him,

BTW the Russians are not Communist. They have very much had a Free Enterprise culture there for the last decade or so. Hence the many Russian Billionaires buying up property in London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1