DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are the Mini 2 props the same?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I thought I heard someone say that the props that came on the Mini 2 are less flexible. Is this true, or have the props not changed from the Mini 1 to the 2?

I thought I heard someone say that the props that came on the Mini 2 are less flexible. Is this true
The Mini 2 props are definitely less flexible and flimsy.

have the props not changed from the Mini 1 to the 2?
The length and pitch are identical. Mini 1 props are 0.1 grams lighter than Mini 2 props.

The DJI Store shows Mini 1 props are compatible with the JP version of the Mini 2. So, they probably also technically fit all versions of the Mini 2.

I suspect DJI lists them as being compatible with the JP version only since Japan's rules kick in when flying drones that are over 200 grams (instead of 250 grams). If you were to install the slightly heaver Mini 2 props on a Mini 1, then it would likely be over the 250 gram target weight.

Does anybody here have both? If so can you please try to fit them?

There is a youtube video out there where a user put the Mini props on his Mini 2. As already mentioned the screws were different and he had a problem re-seatng one of his orange tipped screws back into his Mini 2. The result of his experiment was 'Don't Do It".

Reactions: zeusfl
There is a youtube video out there where a user put the Mini props on his Mini 2. As already mentioned the screws were different and he had a problem re-seatng one of his orange tipped screws back into his Mini 2. The result of his experiment was 'Don't Do It".
Correct.
The Youtuber has damage on the MM1 threads by trying to screw the MM2 props. They are different props, screws (longer) and threads. DO NOT TRY or you will damage your MM1 screw holes.

Reactions: Mrmund and Bobell69
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike