DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you a curmudgeon?

After watching the movie " A River Runs Through It" and hearing Brad Pitt talk about someone as being an old curmudgeon. I realized that I might be one as well. I had to look up what it meant, but the shoe seems to fit.

As I get older, I seem to have only 2 modes, sleeping and grouchy. Since I only sleep a few hours a night that leaves the remainder of my time as grouchy.

When I was younger, I couldn't have been happier. Happy-go-lucky, care free and living the good life. As I get older, much of the euphoria I had experienced in my youth has dimmed, and given way to more cynicism and skepticism.

I guess one advantage of old age is increased wisdom, but it doesn't come without experience and hard learned lessons.

One of my best friends definitely falls into the curmudgeon category, constantly complaining about his health, the neighbors and the cold.

Do you find it hard not to become a grumpy old man?
Ha! Thanks for the thread, ThunderMudgeon!

Reactions: Former Member
Do you have a kid named "Dennis" in the neighborhood?????

View attachment 73349

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Wow, it just occurred to me when I look at the picture that you posted, that Mr. Wilson was always the old mean guy in the neighborhood. When I look at him, I'm guessing that i've got to have 20 years on him. So that makes me older and meaner than him.

Last edited:
Any day that you are able to wake up above ground is a good day. It doesn't matter if it is cold, rainy, sunny, windy, thunder, snowing, deep freeze or heat wave, bills paid or not, one more day alive is winning the lottery. It is all about PMA (Positive Mental Attitude). No matter how bad you have it, somewhere out there someone else is having a worse day.

The long and short of it all........... just look at my avatar this dummy is my hero........
mikemoose55
This might seem harsh, but I hate your avatar - and it makes it hard to take any of your responses seriously. I don't have anything against you though. My .02 if you care.

While we are on the subject of curmudgeonry, I am going to start venting and complaining through this thread.

Today the traffic was horrible. When I finally got home and got out of my car, the temperature was 100° and I hate hot weather. The internet was slow today. My body hurts, and pills dont help. My kids never call me.

Feel free to complain here.

Reactions: mikemoose55

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada