DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Area from 400ft or 120 metres

Lionfish

Reactions
Howdy
Just wondering,
Does anyone with a zoom know when hovering at 400ft or 120m and camera at 90degrees down , what is the total area that the camera sees .
I hope this isn’t written down somewhere obvious !! , that I have missed completely.
I guess there is probably a mathematical way to calculate it too .
Trouble is I failed math because I couldn’t spell “math” back then .

Well thanks for any replies.

I use a simpler way to figure out the area that will be seen from different heights ... than math :D

I use a app called Planit Pro ... available both for android & IOS I believe. It's an extensive photo tool app which also provide real sat views from different heights based on drone camera profiles, gives a good understanding of the height you need to cover an object on ground.

Here an example with the profile for a Mavic 2 Zoom in 24mm focal length ... up on 395ft (use the slider on the right or pinch to change height ... it's not so exact but it's ok)

1598824668297.png

And here the different drone camera profiles that's included right now

1598824723500.png

Hey Slup .
That’s absolutely awesomeness, just what I was looking for and much more and no math required .?
What a cool tool to have .
I live way out in rural forest and people have asked me if I could measure fields and property areas , nothing official just for interest value .
So this is perfect for that , I’d also like to do some checking on my own land .

So thank you very much for this , I really appreciate your help , I would have never found this on my own .

Thanks !! and regards .

I live way out in rural forest and people have asked me if I could measure fields and property areas , nothing official just for interest value .
You'll measure fields and property areas quicker and easier with the measure tools in Google Earth.
Like this:
i-SVg4Jqk-XL.jpg

Now why the heck didn’t I think of that !!! .
I guess it started from talking drones to what size area can the drone see at a given height or area covered from a photo, which led onto using the drone to measure land etc .
So my head was in drone mode and obviously not in obvious mode

Well thanks for spotting the obvious for me , I appreciate you helping me out again .
Thank you .

Reactions: Meta4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
silfumus