DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aspect ratio for Live Stream?

SocialZealot

Reactions
Hola. I feel like I have searched everywhere for the answer to this, but maybe I am just searching wrong or thinking about it wrong. Anyways, I would like to change the aspect ratio of my live feed as it streams. In the app it looks wide (16:9?), but on Facebook it is square (4:3?).

Here is a link to the feed on Facebook:
Thanks for your help.

You should be in video mode instead of photo mode. Photo mode has reduced downlink quality.

You should be in video mode instead of photo mode. Photo mode has reduced downlink quality.

Hm. I didn't realize I had to choose photo or video mode to live stream to Facebook. Did you you check out the link I posted above with the video? Looks pretty nice to me. I'll check the settings next time I use it to see if I even have to select a mode, because frankly I don't remember.

It's the main camera mode I'm talking about.

The only way you can have 4:3 is in photo mode. If you were in video mode as intended there wouldn't have been any concern.

Last edited:
I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone. Are we all on the same planet here? The title of my thread says "live streaming." I was referring to the aspect ratio of my live feed as it appeared on Facebook...because it was streaming a 4:3 ratio (as you can see in my first vid link). The way I changed it (I think) is I changed the aspect ratio setting in the photo settings. I didn't change anything else, but I got the outcome I wanted (as you can see in my second video link I posted), so I assumed it worked.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15