DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Assistant 2 for mavic pro 2 not working!!

hI mAVIN,

How can I get that .exe? From the flight simulator? Where can I get it?
Well, I'm not mavin, and I hate to be redundant, but...

Take a look at my post, above (#10 in this thread).

Assistant 2 for mavic pro 2 not working!!

Good luck! I hope it works for you. It did on a Win7x64 pc, and a Win8.1x64 pc here at home.

If it doesn't work at first, make sure you have your pc's Driver Installation Policy Enabled and set to warn:

GroupPolicy->UserConfig->AdminTemplates->System->DriverInst->CodeSigningForDeviceDrivers

It will be best to reboot after making any policy changes, before trying to install the drivers again.

Hope this helps.
-Paul

Attachments

• GroupPolicyEditor.jpg
    GroupPolicyEditor.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 13
  • CodeSigningPolicy.jpg
    CodeSigningPolicy.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 13
Hey guys, I don’t think that this has much to do with DJI but with your computer software or hardware.

I’ve had this issue on a Win7 machine and I changed to another Win7 machine and it worked. I rarely use my Windows machines now a days so my solution was to use my new MacBook Air and it worked without issues the first time and every time since then.

The problem for companies like DJI is that with Windows, you never know what kind of hardware people have in their Windows machines. With Apple, the hardware is much more predictable and is always designed to work very well together. That’s also why GO4 on Android sucks (from what I hear) and it’s really good on Apple devices; because Apple has full control over their devices... You never know what device (LG, Samsung, Huawei, etc) is going to be running with Android, whereas iOS will only be running Apple hardware.

Anyway, try using a different USB cable to connect the Mavic. If it stops at x% when updating, it sounds like your USB is falling asleep (timing out) during the transfer. Make sure to disable all power savings on your Windows machine, especially on your USB ports, or increase the timeout limit (wait longer for the Mavic to communicate). Google how to do it.

Good luck.

I found the issue with updating with my laptop while my Mavic is connected. For me it seems the Mavic 2's wireless transmitter is interfering with the 5Ghz wifi signal. I switched my laptop to use a 2.4GHZ wifi network and it started working properly.

When I was having Assistant 2 issues (not seeing the drone)
I turned the drone off; took the SD card out; cleared and reformatted the SD card in a pc; put the card back in; connected the drone via usb cable; switched on the drone and the drone Mavic 2 was recognised when it was not before.

It is as if the Assistant 2 software requires space on the card for temporary files to carry out the firmware update.
Anyhow that’s what worked for me!

Last edited:
That was probably coincidence. SD card shouldn't matter.
Except, when you connect a Mavic to PC, PC treats the internal storage and SD card as USB drives.

I had trouble at one point with Assistant in some modes. Assistant uses the USB connection and a network connection. My VPN client interfered with the proper USB driver from loading and enabling the USB as a network. Firewalls could cause issues too.

DanMan you have just confirmed what I have said and then dismissed it as a coincidence.
I do concur that the sd card should not matter however to repeat myself.

When connecting the mavic to a pc with the usb cable Assistant 2 would not recognise the drone. The firmware would not update or restore.
I tried everything as the above posts. RC updated and restored fine but drone would not.

I saved all files from the SD card and then formatted the card in a pc.
Replacing the card in the drone connecting the drone with the usb cable and running Assistant 2 Bingo Drone Found. Firmware updates all is well.

Clearing the sd card resolved the issue of firmware update and the issue of connection of drone in Assistant 2.

Coincidence or not, it worked for me.

Last edited:
I have the same issue running DJI Assistant on my Mac. The cable is fine, because the internal memory of the Mavic Air as well as the SD card mount as drives on my desktop. But DJI Assistant doesn't connect with the aircraft. Was anyone able to solve this? Mac OS 10.14.6 and DJI Assistant 2.0.8

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S